translations of possible church name!
- ginaruiz1998
- Veteran

- Posts: 198
- Joined: 16 Nov 2010, 19:04
translations of possible church name!
Good Morning! Please forgive me as I know I started a topic about this and for the life of me--I cannot find it. I have a "l'estratto di nascita" which reads "Parroco di Novara." I understand this to mean "Parish Priest of Novara." Is there a possiblity that it could also refer to the L'Abbazia di Santa Maria di Noara? 
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: translations of possible church name!
This is the other thread you were looking for:
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/Forums/ ... tml#144189
You were also suggested to post the estratto di nascita ....
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/Forums/ ... tml#144189
You were also suggested to post the estratto di nascita ....
- ginaruiz1998
- Veteran

- Posts: 198
- Joined: 16 Nov 2010, 19:04
Re: translations of possible church name!
As soon as I figure out how to do that I will.
- ginaruiz1998
- Veteran

- Posts: 198
- Joined: 16 Nov 2010, 19:04
- ginaruiz1998
- Veteran

- Posts: 198
- Joined: 16 Nov 2010, 19:04
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: translations of possible church name!
It does not mention the name of the Church but there is only one Parish in Novara di Sicilia:
S. Maria Assunta
Via Duomo
98058 Novara di Sicilia (ME)
Italy
+39-0941-650055
S. Maria Assunta
Via Duomo
98058 Novara di Sicilia (ME)
Italy
+39-0941-650055
- ginaruiz1998
- Veteran

- Posts: 198
- Joined: 16 Nov 2010, 19:04
Re: translations of possible church name!
Really? In your opinion, do you think that could be the church where the baptism took place? Historically speaking, then can I assume that would have been the church were his parents were married? Oh my! You might have just given me the info I've been dreaming of!
- ginaruiz1998
- Veteran

- Posts: 198
- Joined: 16 Nov 2010, 19:04
Re: translations of possible church name!
Also, would you have a moment to tell me what the paragraph that starts with "quale chi ha presentato..." means on the first document I posted? I can understand everything up until " domiciliata cotto stepo..." The rest of that section I have no idea what it means! Thank you so much for all of your help! Grazie!
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: translations of possible church name!
Who has shown us a male child
that we have recognized with our eyes,
and he declared that the same was born
to Rosolia Di Salvo, his wife
aged 32
living with him (collo stesso=con lo stesso)
and to him declarant
aged as above
occupation as above
living as above
in the day 28 of the month
of November, current year
at hours eleven
in the house where they live
The same has furthermore declared to give the child the name of Antonino
that we have recognized with our eyes,
and he declared that the same was born
to Rosolia Di Salvo, his wife
aged 32
living with him (collo stesso=con lo stesso)
and to him declarant
aged as above
occupation as above
living as above
in the day 28 of the month
of November, current year
at hours eleven
in the house where they live
The same has furthermore declared to give the child the name of Antonino
- ginaruiz1998
- Veteran

- Posts: 198
- Joined: 16 Nov 2010, 19:04
Re: translations of possible church name!
Thank you so much! I wish it gave an address! I would have loved to have seen the house/place where he was born!