Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I need an opinion on this surname. I have been tracking the surname Musto for quite a while. On occasion, I have found it written Muto (without the "s")(see image). I have believed for some time that the 2 names are interchangeable based on the given names I am seeking. However, I don't know why.
Does anyone think it likely that my theory is correct?
Why would the "s" be dropped so frequently?
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Very few works have been published in English on the topics of Italian heraldry, nobility and onomatology as these relate to genealogy. Yet all three fields depend upon genealogical research. This concise presentation is not intended as a historical treatise, but rather as a simple guide for those i...