Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I see on 17 Feb 1868 in S.M.C.V. Sebastiano di Lorenzo, widower of Teresa Raucci, 42 of deceased Arcangelo and Irene Tescione is marrying Maria Giuseppa Raucci 25 of Domenico and Alessandra Troise.
I have suspected that these 2 women were sisters. However, on some of the birth acts of Teresa's children, her surname is Ragucci. I have not as yet found her birth act or the marriage act to determine her correct surname.
I believe I have everything translated properly but was hoping there could be a mention in this marriage document of any relationship between the 2 wives. Would someone please check it out for me? Also, I am interested in anything else this document might tell me that I have not figured out yet.
Thank you
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
My mom and dad came from two very different classes of Italian society. Dad's mom came from a very aristocrat family and mom's came from farmers and agricultural workers. When my mom's parents came to the US, they left their oldest son Giovanni in the care of my maternal grandmother's parents. I hea...