Hello I am looking for information on to locate who my great grandmother's motherand father were. I have her marriage Cert from Ribera and the I can only make out the mothers name as a Mattea Buttafuoco. My great grandmothers Maiden name was Angela Maria DiGiovanni, and she married Giuseppe Alfano ( Joseph) in Ribera.
So far I have found a gazillion angela alfanos ( she was born 1892 dies 8/12/1981) and joseph was born abt 1888 to 1/17/1966. They resided in Elizabeth , NJ I was able to get the census from 1920/1930... how come no other census on file on ancestry.com after those years?
Can I request birth certificates on them if I do not have the parents names to them? If so what information do I need to send in with my request?
Birth Certificate from Ribera? How to request this?
- Jerseygirl33
- Newbie

- Posts: 17
- Joined: 28 Jan 2011, 02:15
- Location: Florida, US
Re: Birth Certificate from Ribera? How to request this?
Here the image and translation from Maestra
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... vanni.html
Marty
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... vanni.html
Marty
Re: Birth Certificate from Ribera? How to request this?
There is films from FHL for Ribera Italy Angela Maria DiGiovanni 1892 Nati 1897-1910 and Giuseppe Alfano Nati 1877-1896 .Those would be the birth records of both of them. Heres all records from Ribera Italy
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... i+Ribera+2++
Family History Library locator just fill in your area
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... et_fhc.asp
Heres some info on reading records for you
http://familyhistory.byu.edu/Downloads/ ... ion_Guide/
Marty A
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... i+Ribera+2++
Family History Library locator just fill in your area
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... et_fhc.asp
Heres some info on reading records for you
http://familyhistory.byu.edu/Downloads/ ... ion_Guide/
Marty A
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
- Jerseygirl33
- Newbie

- Posts: 17
- Joined: 28 Jan 2011, 02:15
- Location: Florida, US
Re: Birth Certificate from Ribera? How to request this?
Do you know how I would go about requesting Angelas parents information and Giuseppe's Parents information.
His parents are Ignazio Alfano and Anna Soldano
Her Parents Calergo DiGiovanni and Mattea Buttafuoco?
Would I be able to order there BC and DC from Ribera?
His parents are Ignazio Alfano and Anna Soldano
Her Parents Calergo DiGiovanni and Mattea Buttafuoco?
Would I be able to order there BC and DC from Ribera?
Re: Birth Certificate from Ribera? How to request this?
Click on this site for info writing letter to Italy for records
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
Address for town
Comune Di Ribera
Via Imbornone
92016 Ribera (AG)
Italy
Marty
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
Address for town
Comune Di Ribera
Via Imbornone
92016 Ribera (AG)
Italy
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
