Locating ANcesors in Ribera

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
Jerseygirl33
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: 28 Jan 2011, 02:15
Location: Florida, US

Locating ANcesors in Ribera

Post by Jerseygirl33 »

Hello,

I have been receiving so much help with this but have come to a bump in the ropad, I am nots ure where to search at this point for my ancestors beacuse now my searched will pretty much stop in US here.

I know my great grandparents ( Giuseppe Alfano and Angela Maria Digiovanni ) were married in Italy May 16 1909.

I am not sure how to reasearch there parents and so forth.

ANgela Digiovanni ( ABT 1892 ) her parents Mattea Buttafuoco ( MOm) and (Dad) Calergo Digiovanni. I know Angela had a sister not sure of the name?

Giuseppe Alfano ( Dad Ignazio Alfano and Anna Soldano ( Mom) They come from Ribera. I have heard that the Alfanos are shepherds?

Can I request copies of there Birth Certificates as well from Ribera if so how do I get that ? Would that information be on a Micro Film here in the US at a Family Search Center?
Michael31
Master
Master
Posts: 824
Joined: 17 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Locating ANcesors in Ribera

Post by Michael31 »

http://www.paginebianche.it/index_en.html
ALFANO, BUTTAFUOCO & SOLDANO in 92016 Ribera (AG)
DiGIOVANNI in 98044 San Filippo Del Mela (ME)

http://www.comune.ribera.ag.it/flex/cm/ ... IDPagina/1
http://www.comune.sanfilippodelmela.me.it/portale/
User avatar
Jerseygirl33
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: 28 Jan 2011, 02:15
Location: Florida, US

Re: Locating ANcesors in Ribera

Post by Jerseygirl33 »

THANKS FOR THE HELP, PLEASE FORGIVE ME BUT I AM NEW TO THIS SITE AND I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH WHAT YOUR REPLY MEANS.
Michael31
Master
Master
Posts: 824
Joined: 17 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Locating ANcesors in Ribera

Post by Michael31 »

www.paginebianche.it/index_en.html
Italian white pages


official web pages of towns in Italy
www.comune.ribera.ag.i...IDPagina/1
www.comune.sanfilippod...t/portale/

some birth certificates are in the town records
older records are in the local churches
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Locating ANcesors in Ribera

Post by adelfio »

Mike this is a repost of this
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... 20431.html
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Post Reply