translation
- angela.volanti
- Newbie

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 18:13
translation
hope you can help translating another one!!
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: translation
Please upload a larger image to an hosting system. This image is too small.
Re: translation
This is what I can read considering the condition of the document:
Dated March 5th (the year ends in a 5 but I can't read it all). at 9:30 a.m. in the town hall of Santa Elisabetta
appearing was Salvatore Militello, age 24, a farmer (the groom) who was born in S. Elisabetta. The son of Salvatore, a resident in S. Elisabetta and Giuseppa (Tachia -spelling??), resident in S. Elisabetta
the bride: Angela Catalano, age 18, a housewife, born and resident in S. Elisabetta, daughter of (possibly Vincenzo, but I can't say for sure), resident in S. Elisabetta and Carmela Cocha (spelling of last name ???), resident in S. Elisabetta
Documents presented for the marriage were the certificate of the publications of marriage. The first publication was on the 12th and the second was on the 19th of Feb.
also presented were the consents of the fathers and mothers of the spouses
The town official gave a reading of the present act to those who intervened.
The document was signed by him (his last name was Gueli, but I can't make out his first name which ends in zo (possibly Innocenzo, as I don't think it's Vincenzo), and it was also signed by the groom, Salvatore Militello, and the two witnesses. The first witness was Calogero (can't read his last name), he was the son of Salvatore, age 24, I believe, a farmer, and the second witness was Vincenzo Sicurello of Alfonso, age 30, also a farmer
That's all I can decipher.
Peg
Dated March 5th (the year ends in a 5 but I can't read it all). at 9:30 a.m. in the town hall of Santa Elisabetta
appearing was Salvatore Militello, age 24, a farmer (the groom) who was born in S. Elisabetta. The son of Salvatore, a resident in S. Elisabetta and Giuseppa (Tachia -spelling??), resident in S. Elisabetta
the bride: Angela Catalano, age 18, a housewife, born and resident in S. Elisabetta, daughter of (possibly Vincenzo, but I can't say for sure), resident in S. Elisabetta and Carmela Cocha (spelling of last name ???), resident in S. Elisabetta
Documents presented for the marriage were the certificate of the publications of marriage. The first publication was on the 12th and the second was on the 19th of Feb.
also presented were the consents of the fathers and mothers of the spouses
The town official gave a reading of the present act to those who intervened.
The document was signed by him (his last name was Gueli, but I can't make out his first name which ends in zo (possibly Innocenzo, as I don't think it's Vincenzo), and it was also signed by the groom, Salvatore Militello, and the two witnesses. The first witness was Calogero (can't read his last name), he was the son of Salvatore, age 24, I believe, a farmer, and the second witness was Vincenzo Sicurello of Alfonso, age 30, also a farmer
That's all I can decipher.
Peg
Re: translation
now that I see you have posted Salvatore's birth record, I am guessing the year of the marriage is 1905.