I am researching the "Lettieri" surname from the Basilicata region of Italy, particularly in the towns of Rapone, Ruvo del Monte and surrounding towns.
I would appreciate any help how to obtain local/regional documents.
Dan Lettieri
lettieri-4@sbcglobal.net
Researching the "Lettieri" surname
Re: Researching the "Lettieri" surname
In Italy all records and documents are in the town of origin. In each case you will have to write in italian to the town for birth,marriage or death records or family composiiton or go to the nearest family history library of the Mormon church for the micorfilm of the civil records for eachof these towns which usually go back to 1809. Should you wish to write directly then you can send a form letter in italian (www.circolocalabrese.org) for form letters for doucments to the Ufficio Di Stato Civile in each town of origin. The posyal code can be obtained by goin to www.comuni.it. Peter
Re: Researching the "Lettieri" surname
DLettieri1 wrote:I am researching the "Lettieri" surname from the Basilicata region of Italy, particularly in the towns of Rapone, Ruvo del Monte and surrounding towns.
I would appreciate any help how to obtain local/regional documents.
Dan Lettieri
lettieri-4@sbcglobal.net
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Researching the "Lettieri" surname
In order to obtain the birth,marriage or death records you need to know the exact city,town or even village of origin or you will have to submit requests to eacxh place that you determine may be the source of your family records.
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
whichwill furnish you with the necessary form letters in Italian and instruictions and explanations
Further tomail these letters to the individual UFFICIO DI STATO CIVILE for each place go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in the name of the place and clickCERCA and when the zip code, place name and provinceintials show up clik your arrown right on the name place and another website willpop up with a map and the address to send the forms located under MUNICIPIO. When asking for documents ask for ESTRATTO di Nascita=long form or Estratto di Matrimonio. =Peter=
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
whichwill furnish you with the necessary form letters in Italian and instruictions and explanations
Further tomail these letters to the individual UFFICIO DI STATO CIVILE for each place go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in the name of the place and clickCERCA and when the zip code, place name and provinceintials show up clik your arrown right on the name place and another website willpop up with a map and the address to send the forms located under MUNICIPIO. When asking for documents ask for ESTRATTO di Nascita=long form or Estratto di Matrimonio. =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: Researching the "Lettieri" surname
I, too am researching Lettieri. Do you have any names to work with? My grandmother went by the name of Leto, Lete,,, I felt Lettieri was the name I should be looking for. She came to Pa., then moved to W.Va and eventually Ohio. Would appreciate reply if you think your family could be related.... her husband and I assumed she too, came from Ciro
