I'm requesting assistance in translating the referenced Retagliata baptism record.
Link to Image :
http://img145.imageshack.us/i/retagliat ... aptis.jpg/
I'm not able to read the year - it should be in the 1820's
Is the child's name Anthony (Antonio) ?? Nicolaus (Nicola) Retagliata
What are the parents names? Are the grandparents names listed?
Any help with this would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Rovegno - Rettagliata Antonio Baptism Translation Assistance
- fairhilleng
- Rookie

- Posts: 47
- Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 03:55
Rovegno - Rettagliata Antonio Baptism Translation Assistance
Searching: Termini-Imerese : Mascari, Lazzaro, Cecala, Foppiano, Montemurro
Re: Rovegno - Rettagliata Antonio Baptism Translation Assist
1820 december 6th
I, Giuseppe Driplari(?) vice-curate, I did baptize a baby last night born from the spouses Giuseppe Retagliata (son of Antonio) and Maria Giulia Cennia (daughter of Giovanni Battista) of this parish, at whom was given the names Antonio Ludovico Nicola. Godfathers Girolamo Carbone son of Ignazio and Maria Giovanna Doppiani(?) daughter of Luigi aka Loco.
L.
I, Giuseppe Driplari(?) vice-curate, I did baptize a baby last night born from the spouses Giuseppe Retagliata (son of Antonio) and Maria Giulia Cennia (daughter of Giovanni Battista) of this parish, at whom was given the names Antonio Ludovico Nicola. Godfathers Girolamo Carbone son of Ignazio and Maria Giovanna Doppiani(?) daughter of Luigi aka Loco.
L.
- fairhilleng
- Rookie

- Posts: 47
- Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 03:55
Re: Rovegno - Rettagliata Antonio Baptism Translation Assist
Thank you very much for your translation! The ink makes these very difficult to read, however, sometimes the handwriting is more clear than our records from the recent past. I've seen a lot of Foppiani names listed in Rovegno therefore I believe that would clear up your question about Doppiani (?)
Thank you again.
Thank you again.
Searching: Termini-Imerese : Mascari, Lazzaro, Cecala, Foppiano, Montemurro
