I've been combing through the Teano records looking for family records with great success. My only problem is that there is one line in the handwritten birth records I can not translate. Judging by where it is situated in the document, I think that it might be the name of the family's landlord. Can someone take a look please? And has anyone seen a similar phrase to this outside Teano?
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/o ... directlink
The Landlord?
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: The Landlord?
Yes the landlord of the house where the baby was born is Lorenzo Iannuccilli, the house is situated in "Strada della Porta di Sopra" (this is the street name)
-
pontecorvo1913
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 24 May 2011, 22:33
Re: The Landlord?
Thank You for your reply. I thought that is what the document said, but I wanted to be sure.
Would a literal translation of that phrase in to English be something like "held in the fist" or "grasped in the hand"?
Would a literal translation of that phrase in to English be something like "held in the fist" or "grasped in the hand"?
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: The Landlord?
Presa in (af)fitto dal Signor Iannuccilli Lorenzo
Taken in rent (rented) from Mr Iannuccilli Lorenzo
Taken in rent (rented) from Mr Iannuccilli Lorenzo