Hello,
First and foremost I wanted to thank all of you here for the resources I found on this forum throughout my dual-citizenship process. I wanted to in a sense give back and write down my experience, as my family and I were accepted as dual-citizens today in Chicago!
I can say everything was not perfect. My GGF had 3 different ways to spell his first name; domenico, dominic, and domenic. We brought the auto-dec but did not have to use it, they accepted the first name misspellings. Secondly, my GGF first AND last name were spelled differently, the last name difference being Ginto and Guindo. We also tried using the auto-dec but that was also unnecessary.
So all in all, our experience was quite pleasant. If anyone has any questions for me please feel free to ask me.
Once again, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE help in achieving my dream.
Consulate Success-For the Record
- caridimondo
- Rookie

- Posts: 70
- Joined: 12 Jan 2011, 16:00
Re: Consulate Success-For the Record
Congrats!! When was your appointment and how long did it take to receive the notification that your citizenship is recognized?
I have an appointment in Philly next March so I'm hoping it goes as smoothly as yours did.
I have an appointment in Philly next March so I'm hoping it goes as smoothly as yours did.
