OCR
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: OCR
.
Don't even think about it.
Modern, computer-generated or typeset text, sure - there are some pretty good tools out there.
But, handwritten script? Old handwritten script? I would be shocked if you ever found an app that could handle that with better than 10% accuracy.
Don't even think about it.
Modern, computer-generated or typeset text, sure - there are some pretty good tools out there.
But, handwritten script? Old handwritten script? I would be shocked if you ever found an app that could handle that with better than 10% accuracy.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: OCR
Reading for italian records
http://familyhistory.byu.edu/Downloads/ ... ion_Guide/
http://genealogy.about.com/od/basics/a/ ... riting.htm
http://script.byu.edu/
I use ifranview for looking at records its freeware and works great(Livio turn me on to it) available at irfanview.com
Marty
http://familyhistory.byu.edu/Downloads/ ... ion_Guide/
http://genealogy.about.com/od/basics/a/ ... riting.htm
http://script.byu.edu/
I use ifranview for looking at records its freeware and works great(Livio turn me on to it) available at irfanview.com
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
