ROMEO SURNAME ORIGIN & PECDO SURNAME INFORMATION

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jcromeo1873

ROMEO SURNAME ORIGIN & PECDO SURNAME INFORMATION

Post by jcromeo1873 »

HI I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON THE ORIGINS OF THE ROMEO SURNAME? AND I AM ALSO INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT ABOUT THE SURNAME PECDO. CAN ANYBODY HELP?
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Re: ROMEO SURNAME ORIGIN & PECDO SURNAME INFORMATION

Post by rancelli »

romeo is spread out through all of italy. are you sure you have the right spelling for pecdo? i can't find anyone with that last name in italy.
jcromeo1873

Post by jcromeo1873 »

hi rancelli
i am not to sure about pecdo i wouldnt say thats a major thing i need to know about. i am very interested in the romeo part. of course romeo is a very common name in italy i am hoping to find out if my origins are in italy i think my romeo family are of italian origin as many of my family look italian dress italian ( dress in suits ) and all have italian traits many people would ask them if they where italian. its just a matter of getting more information on weather the name romeo originated in italy where it originated and if most people with the name romeo have italian origins.
jcromeo1873

Re: ROMEO SURNAME ORIGIN INFORMATION.

Post by jcromeo1873 »

hi rancelli
do you know if there is any major connection between italy and trinidad caribbean? do you know if italians left italia for caribbean to work? my ancestor a anthony romeo was a master tailor in trinidad he had a caribbean born son called john romeo who came to glasgow scotland thats where i am from and all my family. i think anthony could have been from italy i think his name could possibly have been antonio or antonino i am thinking he was from south italy maybe napoli or calabria? do you think i have a strong case?
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Post by rancelli »

i'm sure there are a few italians in trinidad like other places in the world.

Romeo Family Crest History

http://www.houseofnames.com/romeo-family-crest
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Post by rancelli »

do you know if anthony was born in trinidad or did he immigrate there? do you know if he got married in trinidad? what was his wifes name? i think if you can find a marriage record for anthony it should say where he was born.
jcromeo1873

Post by jcromeo1873 »

hi rancelli thank you for the link to romeo family crest i check that site often. i dont know a lot about anthony his wife was called grace phillips. my theory is anthony romeo immigrated to trinidad in order to find work as a master tailor he then either changes his name from antonio to the english name anthony as trinidad is a engish speaking country at that time run by the english lords. or he is mistaken as anthony when giving his name to immigration officers on arrival to trinidad. i think anthony would have married grace in trinidad as her name is not italian so that rules out an italian marriage. i have worked on this for four years and i am desparate to discover the origin of my family. as i live in scotland i dont know how to go about obtaining a marriage certificate from trinidad ???
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Post by rancelli »

You would have to know at least the year he was married in and the name of town where the marriage took place. Do you know the name of the town?
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Post by rancelli »

Here's information on Civil Registry in Trinidad.

http://www.legalaffairs.gov.tt/registra ... gistry.htm
jcromeo1873

Post by jcromeo1873 »

hi rancelli
no i dont have any information on anthony romeo i just know his name and his wife's name. i know my ancestor john romeo came to glasgow scotland got married in 1873 i have seen his marriage certificate which named his father anthony and his mother grace i am now stuck because i dont know how to learn more about anthony. thank for the link to the registry office in trinidad.
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Post by rancelli »

do you know if anthony died in trinidad? is trinidad the name of the town that he was living in? i don't know much about the carribean.
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Post by rancelli »

i think it might be possible that anthony, if he was married in trinidad, it was probably around the same time john was born. just my opinion....do you know if john was the oldest child?
jcromeo1873

Post by jcromeo1873 »

john romeo was born in 1845 in a ancient trinidad town called tualage. tualage is now off the map and is no where to be found. yes anthony could have died in trinidad and he probaly did marry in the 1840s maybe even 1845 same year as john romeo was born. i will be working in glasgow with professionals to track down records which should be a easy process i hope to find some more information on anthony romeo. john romeo worked at a steelworks factory and completed the 1881 census so i am guessing john romeo was educated well in trinidad which would imply his father anthony had money. as for the italian theory i truly think there is an italian connection again the name romeo is italian and most of my family look italian and have italian traits. i just need to open some doors on information about italians moving from italy to caribbean and also open doors on ancient romeo family's living in 1700's italy and 1800s italy.