My 2nd gr.grandfather from Trento had 2 older brothers that I assume died young. I have found their church baptismal records. In the columns before their names are a symbol that looks like an iron cross with dates circled, which I assume are the dates of their death. I have not found their death records yet, it may be on another film.
I think I have seen this in other church records, but wanted to see if this was correct. Anyone know for sure.
Thank you,
Rick
rwe38133@yahoo.com
Catholic Church records
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Catholic Church records
Whenver I have seen that cross it means deceased.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
