Reason why I asked... a few Iannetta and Scinocca also immigrated to Winnipeg, Manitoba... really not that far from Minnesota!
http://img230.echo.cx/img230/6416/mcgre4mz.jpg
Found this manifest... not sure what it means but since you are researching these surnames... I thought I would post them... and since the name Scinocca came up in your recent post...
http://img219.exs.cx/img219/7196/antonio2pj.jpg
page 2
http://img139.echo.cx/img139/7425/antonpage29qw.jpg
Name:  Assunta Scinocca, Arrival Date: 13 May 1920
Age:  23 years Estimated Birth Year:  1897 Gender:  Female
Ethnic Background:  Italian Port of Departure:  Naples, Italy
Ship Name:  Cretic Port of Arrival:  Boston, Massachusetts
Friend's Name:  Salvatore Ianetta Last Residence:  Seiano
Birthplace:  Chasso, Boiano
Microfilm Roll Number:  253
I still am very interesed in looking for the manifests of your Great Grandparents, or am really looking forward to see anyone locate them for your sake. It would be a wonderful record to have.
This manifest that I posted Feb 7 (seems like yesterday)
http://img232.exs.cx/img232/3830/cam3ss.jpg
also has a Scinocca as a passenger... (passenger 97, and passenger 102-Iannetta)..
Going on memory here... some Iannetta's may have travelled to Alberta as well...
mfjp
Surname-Iannetta
- gmjeanette
- Newbie

- Posts: 10
- Joined: 22 Dec 2004, 00:00
- Location: Michigan, USA
- Contact:
Re: Surname-Iannetta
What was the date on this manifest, because a Camillio is one of our researched names. As far as the Canadian aspect, we're not sure if the migration went there...we haven't found that to be true thus far.mfjp wrote:This manifest that I posted Feb 7 (seems like yesterday)
http://img232.exs.cx/img232/3830/cam3ss.jpg
also has a Scinocca as a passenger... (passenger 97, and passenger 102-Iannetta)..
Going on memory here... some Iannetta's may have travelled to Alberta as well...
mfjp
My GrGrandparents married in Boiano/Bojano on 24SEP1881 and their first child born 27AUG1884. Not sure yet if the child was born in Bojano or in the US. A manifest may or may not include him, but I'm assuming my gr-grandparents came over together:
Antonio Benedetto Iannetta
Donata Iannetta
(child) Michael
Re: Surname-Iannetta
I am glad to hear from you... thought you almost gave up...
Name:  Camillo Iannetta Arrival Date:  8 Apr 1887 Estimated Birth Year:  1864 Age:  23 Gender:  Male
Port of Departure:  Marseilles, France and Naples, Italy and Gibraltar Ship Name:  Britannia Port of Arrival:  New York Nativity:  Italy
Line:  34 Microfilm Roll:  505 List Number:  371
http://img232.exs.cx/img232/3830/cam3ss.jpg
----------
http://img24.exs.cx/img24/3957/benjanetta7sd.jpg
Name:  Bend Jannetta (see passenger line 61) Arrival Date: 13 May 1884
Estimated Birth Year: 1855 Age:  29 Gender:  Male
Port of Departure:  Naples, Italy Destination:  United States of America
Place of Origin:  Italy Ship Name:  Burgundia Port of Arrival:  New York Line:  23 Microfilm Roll:  476 List Number:  541
----------------
Your own surname is interesting too!
I will see if I can find anything under Antonio Iannetta instead...
Sometimes, I compare surnames from a Castle Gardens manifest to those from Ellis Island... and see if it is a Boiano- surname match...
mfjp
Name:  Camillo Iannetta Arrival Date:  8 Apr 1887 Estimated Birth Year:  1864 Age:  23 Gender:  Male
Port of Departure:  Marseilles, France and Naples, Italy and Gibraltar Ship Name:  Britannia Port of Arrival:  New York Nativity:  Italy
Line:  34 Microfilm Roll:  505 List Number:  371
http://img232.exs.cx/img232/3830/cam3ss.jpg
----------
http://img24.exs.cx/img24/3957/benjanetta7sd.jpg
Name:  Bend Jannetta (see passenger line 61) Arrival Date: 13 May 1884
Estimated Birth Year: 1855 Age:  29 Gender:  Male
Port of Departure:  Naples, Italy Destination:  United States of America
Place of Origin:  Italy Ship Name:  Burgundia Port of Arrival:  New York Line:  23 Microfilm Roll:  476 List Number:  541
----------------
Your own surname is interesting too!
I will see if I can find anything under Antonio Iannetta instead...
Sometimes, I compare surnames from a Castle Gardens manifest to those from Ellis Island... and see if it is a Boiano- surname match...
mfjp
- harry06880
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 04 Dec 2006, 00:00
- Location: 06880
Re: Surname-Iannetta
HI
My I know my family is from Bojano Campobasso, there was a huge influx of Jannetta's into Toronto in the early 50 s after the war. You could try your search there. I don t have the full history of my family althogh I do know my Grandparents Giovanni and Theresa "Iannetta" the I was replaced for a J in canada when they got vetted at Immigration. Its funny most of the names you are using are still used for my aunts uncles nieces and nefews. I m sure there are some connetions as My father Antonio told me about a bigger immigration into the Mid West..... I am currently living in Westport CT
PM me if you need more info
tks
My I know my family is from Bojano Campobasso, there was a huge influx of Jannetta's into Toronto in the early 50 s after the war. You could try your search there. I don t have the full history of my family althogh I do know my Grandparents Giovanni and Theresa "Iannetta" the I was replaced for a J in canada when they got vetted at Immigration. Its funny most of the names you are using are still used for my aunts uncles nieces and nefews. I m sure there are some connetions as My father Antonio told me about a bigger immigration into the Mid West..... I am currently living in Westport CT
PM me if you need more info
tks
Re: Surname-Iannetta
Re: Surname-Iannetta
To the original poster, gmjeanette, I have DNA matches that have led me to Francesco and Giacinta's branch.
Please let me know if you are still a member of this group. I have several documents that would be of interest to you and help expand your tree.
Thanks!
Please let me know if you are still a member of this group. I have several documents that would be of interest to you and help expand your tree.
Thanks!

