Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
- echickaboo99
- Newbie

- Posts: 14
- Joined: 02 Jan 2005, 00:00
- Location: Florida, USA
- Contact:
Re: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
Sorry for the delay. He had a brother Louie, a brother they called John but he name was something like Johan, a brother named Arthur, a brother named Frank, a brother Art, and another brother that we can't think of his name, but there were like 13 kids in the family. He had a sister named Etta, a sister Dorothy, a couple more that we can't remember. I hope this helps. Please keep me posted and I will check back as much as I can. You can always email me at echickaboo99@yahoo.com for faster response. Thanks!
Thanks,
Tina
Tina
Re: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
echickaboo99 wrote:Thank you so much Peter! My grandfather was Adam Ferraraccio. His parents were Dominick and Angelina Ferraraccio. They came thru NYC I believe, and my Grandfather was born in 1924 so they would have had to come sometime before that. My grandmother was Josephine Panepinto. Her parents were Pietro Panepinto and Loretta Cook. She was born in 1929 so they would have had to come before that. This is pretty much all that I am working with at this point. My grandfather passed away on 1/6/95 and my grandmother passed away on 4/16/92. I would be very grateful for any help you can offer me. I have checked EllisIsland and found many Pietro Panepinto's, but I have NO idea which one it could be. I am going to continue my research as well. If it's easier, you can contact me via my email echickaboo99@yahoo.com. Thanks again! You're the best!
Tina,
Where were the Panepinto family in 1930? I would suggest starting with the 1930 census. It could give an immigration date fro Pietro Panepinto. When searching thereafter, search a few years before and a few years after. I had my great-great grandfather listed twice in 1920 and had two different immigration years (then the other census had different years. So, he apparently immigrated between 1870 and 1875!
Nicole
Re: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
Nicole can't you read between the lines??? This woman doesn't know much about her family and less about genealogy!! Didn't you read what has taken place today cionversing with this woman???? If anybody needs help here its you!. Hai capito?? Peter
Re: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
ptimber wrote:Nicole can't you read between the lines??? This woman doesn't know much about her family and less about genealogy!! Didn't you read what has taken place today cionversing with this woman???? If anybody needs help here its you!. Hai capito?? Peter
That is why you still help! You have to start somewhere!
Re: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
GET IT THRU THAT HEAD THAT THISAN IS OLDER AND DOES NIOT HAVE THE HEAD FOR THIS B.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You cannot be this obtuse or are you just a kid? Peter
Re: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
Hi Tina,
You are right about the large family.. only problem is... is the wife's name... not Angelina as you mention but Mary. The names of the siblings you mentioned are also included below. Adams birthdate is as you mentioned.
Name:
Dominic Ferraracci
Age:40 Estimated birth year:abt 1890 Birthplace:Italy Relation to head-of-house:Head Race:White
 Year: 1930; Census Place: East Rochester, Monroe, New York; Roll: 1447; Page:  ; Enumeration District: 243; Image: 1000.0.
Home in 1930:East Rochester, Monroe, New York
It mentions the following children...James age 17, Edith age 16, Michael age 12, Frank age 11, John age 10, son "New York" age 8, Adam age 6, Ellen age 5, Arthur age 3, Dorothy age 7?months....
The father is listed as Dominic Ferraracci age 40 - immigrated in 1907
Wife is listed as Mary- age 38, immigrated in 1910. She was married at age 18, Dominic at 20.
If this is the correct family... I can link you the copy of the census as a keepsake.
Since there is more than 1 person helping you here, thought it would be best to post at this forum instead of emailing you this info. Happy New Year!
mfjp
You are right about the large family.. only problem is... is the wife's name... not Angelina as you mention but Mary. The names of the siblings you mentioned are also included below. Adams birthdate is as you mentioned.
Name:
Dominic Ferraracci
Age:40 Estimated birth year:abt 1890 Birthplace:Italy Relation to head-of-house:Head Race:White
 Year: 1930; Census Place: East Rochester, Monroe, New York; Roll: 1447; Page:  ; Enumeration District: 243; Image: 1000.0.
Home in 1930:East Rochester, Monroe, New York
It mentions the following children...James age 17, Edith age 16, Michael age 12, Frank age 11, John age 10, son "New York" age 8, Adam age 6, Ellen age 5, Arthur age 3, Dorothy age 7?months....
The father is listed as Dominic Ferraracci age 40 - immigrated in 1907
Wife is listed as Mary- age 38, immigrated in 1910. She was married at age 18, Dominic at 20.
If this is the correct family... I can link you the copy of the census as a keepsake.
Since there is more than 1 person helping you here, thought it would be best to post at this forum instead of emailing you this info. Happy New Year!
mfjp
- echickaboo99
- Newbie

- Posts: 14
- Joined: 02 Jan 2005, 00:00
- Location: Florida, USA
- Contact:
Re: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
Oh my God, that is so awesome! I'm almost positive that is them!!!!!! I'd have to check with my mom, and yeah, I could be wrong about her name. I'm in shock right now. Yes, please send me the link...and as far as all the people helping me...I am more than grateful for any/all help. Thank you so much for your help!!!!
Thanks,
Tina
Tina
Re: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
Tina
In 1920 in Rochester, Monroe County, New York:
Louis (50) and Josephine (40) Panepinto. Louis immigrated in 1891 and Josephine in 1900. Children Peter (18, Pennsylvania), Mary (15, NY), Joseph (14), Camelia (12), John (10), Charles (8), Louis (7), Jessie (5 9/12), Catherine (4 7?/12), and Rose (1 4/12).
BTW, Ellis Island site starts with 1892, so if the date is accurate, unfortunately it won't help much.
Nicole
In 1920 in Rochester, Monroe County, New York:
Louis (50) and Josephine (40) Panepinto. Louis immigrated in 1891 and Josephine in 1900. Children Peter (18, Pennsylvania), Mary (15, NY), Joseph (14), Camelia (12), John (10), Charles (8), Louis (7), Jessie (5 9/12), Catherine (4 7?/12), and Rose (1 4/12).
BTW, Ellis Island site starts with 1892, so if the date is accurate, unfortunately it won't help much.
Nicole
Re: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
Hi Tina, here's the Ferraraccio family.. well at least some!
http://img111.exs.cx/img111/3969/adam15ao.jpg
and Dorothy ended up on the next page!
http://img111.exs.cx/img111/7757/adam27su.jpg
mfjp
http://img111.exs.cx/img111/3969/adam15ao.jpg
and Dorothy ended up on the next page!
http://img111.exs.cx/img111/7757/adam27su.jpg
mfjp
- echickaboo99
- Newbie

- Posts: 14
- Joined: 02 Jan 2005, 00:00
- Location: Florida, USA
- Contact:
Re: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
Thank you so much! I am so happy that I have been able to get this much info! I couldn't have done it without you!!! Thanks again!
Thanks,
Tina
Tina
Re: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
Now that there is information as to immigration years, we could look for a ship's record... which will give more detail as to what Italian hometown they were from... I will look for the 1920 census as well and compare notes... sometimes immigration information differs.
mfjp
mfjp
- echickaboo99
- Newbie

- Posts: 14
- Joined: 02 Jan 2005, 00:00
- Location: Florida, USA
- Contact:
Re: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
That would be so awesome. I really do appreciate all your help! You are truly a nice person.
Thanks,
Tina
Tina
- echickaboo99
- Newbie

- Posts: 14
- Joined: 02 Jan 2005, 00:00
- Location: Florida, USA
- Contact:
Re: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
Hey Nicole, I just spoke to my Mom, and Louis and Josephine Panepinto were my mom's great grandparents on her mom's side! So that is also my family! Oh my God...I'm in shock again. I can't believe this. Now I have something to go on. Thank you so much!
Thanks,
Tina
Tina
Re: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
echickaboo99 wrote:Hey Nicole, I just spoke to my Mom, and Louis and Josephine Panepinto were my mom's great grandparents on her mom's side! So that is also my family! Oh my God...I'm in shock again. I can't believe this. Now I have something to go on. Thank you so much!
That's great! I found Louis in 1900 in Pennsylvania living with his mother Carrie and sister Mary and possibly Julia. It appears here they immigrated in 1896.
I couldn't find them in 1910. It is probably a strange alternative spelling I can't seem to come up with for him.
In 1920, these are the Panepinto families living in Rochester, Monroe County, NY:
Calogero (b. ca.. 1880; im. 1900) and Maria (b. ca. 1880) and daughter Anna (b. ca. 1906) Panepinto
Charles (b. ca. 1886; im. 1900) and Jennie (b. ca. 1889) Panepinto, step-son Frankie Oklenza? (b. ca. 1910) and daughter Theresa Panepinto (b. ca. 1913)
Vincent (b. ca. 1887; im. 1902) and Mary (b. ca. 1883) Panepinto. Living with them are Alphonso and Angelina Ferranacca? and their neices and nephews Charles, Teresa, and Joseph. They are listed in the same dwelling, but listed different families.
I don't know if they do connect to Louis or not, but there is a possibility. In the 1900, it appeared that Carried had 9 children (the quality of the scan was poor in that area of the page).
I will send you the 1900 and 1920 (I don't know how to post).
The likelihood of our Panepintos connecting is slimming, but who knows. I know that at least one brother went to New Jersey, so other family members could have gone elsewhere also. At least you're closer to finding out.
Re: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
Hi Tina and Nicole,
Nicole, the name you mentioned - living with Vincent
I am looking for the Ferraraccio census for 1910 and 1920, with some difficulty.
A few posts ago... Tina originally mentioned that Angelina was the name of her Great grandmother.
Could you send me a copy too? I also sent you a private message. Great information!
mfjp
Nicole, the name you mentioned - living with Vincent
probably Ferraraccio..?Alphonso and Angelina Ferranacca?
I am looking for the Ferraraccio census for 1910 and 1920, with some difficulty.
A few posts ago... Tina originally mentioned that Angelina was the name of her Great grandmother.
Could you send me a copy too? I also sent you a private message. Great information!
mfjp
