Husband's birth certificate needed?
-
846newyorker
- Rookie

- Posts: 50
- Joined: 03 Jul 2011, 22:16
Husband's birth certificate needed?
My aunt is applying for de jure sanguinis at the Philadelphia consulate. Her father was born in the U.S. before his father naturalized; she was born prior to 1948 and married in the 1960s. The instructions from the PA consulate do not indicate that she needs her husband's birth certificate; however, at my appointment in New York I was told she would need it (in addition to her marriage certificate). Does anyone know whether Philadelphia collects this for women? (I tried e-mailing them but the citizenship office there does not reply to e-mails.)
Re: Husband's birth certificate needed?
I would get it just in case. When I was applying for my Italian citizenship, I was told that the women's information was not important - only the men's. This is Italy, afterall!
Depending on which office I asked, I either needed this information, or I didn't, so I had the whole lot translated into Italian at considerable expense just to be on the safe side.
When dealing with Italian bureaucracy, always err on the side of caution!
Depending on which office I asked, I either needed this information, or I didn't, so I had the whole lot translated into Italian at considerable expense just to be on the safe side.
When dealing with Italian bureaucracy, always err on the side of caution!
