Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Whenever you've had time will you let us know what you found out?
I've questioned relatives before and sometimes its awesome and sometimes its just pointless.. So I'm curious as to how you made out with your interview!?
'If you never open doors to let anyone in, no one can get in, but neither can you get out.'
Hi, yes - I will let you know!
I called my Uncle & my grandfather & they say they will get back to me with info.
I will definitely come here & share!
Thanks
The name Italia, probably a Graecized form of Italic Vitelia (='calf land'), was originally restricted to the southern half of the 'toe' but was gradually extended. By 450 B.C. It meant the region subsequently inhabited by the Bruttii; by 400 it embraced Lucania as well. Campania was included after ...