Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
After months of looking I've finally been able to locate the name of my GG Grandfather's mother's name, who died when he was a young boy. Although her name really helps, I don't know what to do know since I still can't find any travel records of a Carmine Morro?\/Marra(my GG Grandfather) or his mother Teresa Di Vito. His father left them in Italy and remarried in NY, but I don't know if they divorced and what name she would have used for both herself and her son, Morro/Marra or Di Vito. Attached is his birth certificate?record?
Thanks so much!! https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1005349102
(His is the bottom right side)
Marriage of Antonino Marra and Teresa Di Vito
INDEX#10
1892 Mar 5th in the town of Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi appeared Antonino Marra born in Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi age 27 son of Amato?? Marra and Lucia Montemarano married Teresa Di Vito age 28 born in Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi daughter of Francesco Di Vito and Anna Montemarano
During the mass emigration from Italy during the century between 1876 to 1976, the U.S. was the largest single recipient of Italian immigrants in the world. However, their impact was not as great as countries like Argentina and Brazil. That was due to the fact that hundreds of thousands of immigrant...