Italian POWs - WWII

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
Liberati
Rookie
Rookie

Italian POWs - WWII

Post by Liberati »

Does anyone know of a book or website that lists the approximate numbers of Italian POWs that were incarcerated in different parts of the world during WWII? For instance, how many were in the US, the UK, the Soviet Union, Australia, India, Kenya, etc.? I have found approximate numbers for some of those nations, but would like to get more information. Thanks!
Interested in the surnames Liberati, Altiero, and Gulfo. Also interested in Italy during World War II.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Italian POWs - WWII

Post by PeterTimber »

http://www.gentracer.com/newsletter.html The lead person, Kathy Kirkpatrick, http://www.gentracer.com is the person to contact for guidance in answering your research objectives concerning WW11 POW's
Please let me know how you make out. She is a remarkable woman. Peter
~Peter~
Liberati
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Liberati »

I just saw your reply. Thanks for your help!
Interested in the surnames Liberati, Altiero, and Gulfo. Also interested in Italy during World War II.
matt_som

Post by matt_som »

This is a very interesting question! I know that many Italian POW's were held in a camp just across the road from where I live all those years ago. I may look into this subject a little closer myself!
Aliraza951

Post by Aliraza951 »

Is there any way of checking if there were migration of Palermo families to Canicatti? ???
ali