Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I am researching my husband's ancestry and am writing to ask for help. My Italian is very limited, but I can get through the "form" part of the page - I need an expert in the language, particularly someone who is familiar with these old records and Sicilian Place names.
We are coming to Sicily in May, to his ancestral town of Menfi - I am anxious to find out what I can before we arrive.
Record #2, Jan 19, 1845 at 11 pm (marriage banns)
Groom: "Maestro" Calogero Triolo, 25 years, widower, shoemaker, living in Menfi, via Orfani (?), son of deceased "maestro" Vito, and Maria Friscia
Bride: Giuseppa Rumore, 27 years old, living in Menfi, via Ravidà (?), daughter of deceased Pietro and Calogera Marrone, 46 yo.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
There is an ancient legend for lovers, in Salerno: the story of the beautiful Antonella. Antonella was one of the bridesmaids of Queen Margherita of Durazzo. One day the son of Margherita, Ladislaus, while returning from war stopped to greet his mother, along with several warriors, including Raimond...