I'm looking for the Casara or Cassara family in Manhattan, NY in the 1910 Federal Census. (Could also be Casaro)
Carmelo/Carmine Casara (head of household)
Antonina Casara (his wife)
Salvatore Casara (son) - born 1897 in Manhattan, NY.
Anthony Casara (son)
There are other children whose names I'm unsure of.
Any help would be appreciated. TIA.
Casara - 1910 Census Lookup
-
badbatsmoru
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 00:00
- Location: Santa Barbara County
Re: Casara - 1910 Census Lookup
Database: 1910 United States Federal Census
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name Home in 1910
(City,County,State) Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Race Gender
Antonio Cassara 25-Wd Buffalo, Erie, NY abt 1885 White Male
Antonio Cassara 6-Wd Brooklyn, Kings, NY abt 1857 White Male
C Cassara 18-Wd Manhattan, New York, NY abt 1882 White Male
Camelo Cassara 39-Pct 34-Ad Bronx, New York, NY abt 1875 White Male
Cesare Cassara 17-Wd Manhattan, New York, NY abt 1887 White Male
Frank Cassara 8-Wd Manhattan, New York, NY abt 1844 White Male
Peter Cassara 7-Wd Manhattan, New York, NY abt 1856 White Male
Note Carmelo above is a boarder, no family listed with him.
Source Information:
Ancestry.com. 1910 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT: MyFamily.com, Inc., 2004. Indexed by ProQuest from microfilmed schedules of the 1910 U.S. Federal Decennial Census. Data imaged from National Archives and Records Administration. 1910 Federal Population Census. T624, 1,784 rolls. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration.
Database: 1910 United States Federal Census
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name Home in 1910
(City,County,State) Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Race Gender
Frank Casara 14-Wd Manhattan, New York, NY abt 1880 White Male
Joseph Casara 12-Wd Manhattan, New York, NY abt 1880 White Male
Peter Casara 5-Wd Queens, Queens, NY abt 1892 White Male
Source Information:
Ancestry.com. 1910 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT: MyFamily.com, Inc., 2004. Indexed by ProQuest from microfilmed schedules of the 1910 U.S. Federal Decennial Census. Data imaged from National Archives and Records Administration. 1910 Federal Population Census. T624, 1,784 rolls. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration.
Debbie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name Home in 1910
(City,County,State) Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Race Gender
Antonio Cassara 25-Wd Buffalo, Erie, NY abt 1885 White Male
Antonio Cassara 6-Wd Brooklyn, Kings, NY abt 1857 White Male
C Cassara 18-Wd Manhattan, New York, NY abt 1882 White Male
Camelo Cassara 39-Pct 34-Ad Bronx, New York, NY abt 1875 White Male
Cesare Cassara 17-Wd Manhattan, New York, NY abt 1887 White Male
Frank Cassara 8-Wd Manhattan, New York, NY abt 1844 White Male
Peter Cassara 7-Wd Manhattan, New York, NY abt 1856 White Male
Note Carmelo above is a boarder, no family listed with him.
Source Information:
Ancestry.com. 1910 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT: MyFamily.com, Inc., 2004. Indexed by ProQuest from microfilmed schedules of the 1910 U.S. Federal Decennial Census. Data imaged from National Archives and Records Administration. 1910 Federal Population Census. T624, 1,784 rolls. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration.
Database: 1910 United States Federal Census
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name Home in 1910
(City,County,State) Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Race Gender
Frank Casara 14-Wd Manhattan, New York, NY abt 1880 White Male
Joseph Casara 12-Wd Manhattan, New York, NY abt 1880 White Male
Peter Casara 5-Wd Queens, Queens, NY abt 1892 White Male
Source Information:
Ancestry.com. 1910 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT: MyFamily.com, Inc., 2004. Indexed by ProQuest from microfilmed schedules of the 1910 U.S. Federal Decennial Census. Data imaged from National Archives and Records Administration. 1910 Federal Population Census. T624, 1,784 rolls. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration.
Debbie
-
badbatsmoru
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 00:00
- Location: Santa Barbara County
Re: Casara - 1910 Census Lookup
The address I have for them in 1897 (at the time of Salvatore's birth) was 310 E. 107th St. in Manhattan. I can't believe they're not listed on the census. Bummer.
Laura
Re: Casara - 1910 Census Lookup
Laura,
Don't give up so easy. Census research is not always easy. What I gave you was searching on the exact spelling for the 2 variations you provided. Their name could have been spelled slightly different and not show up, or spelled correctly and indexed wrong.
Go to a library or family history center and "play" with various searches. By first name and year of birth living in NY in Manahattan for example. Sometimes a page by page search is needed if before you can give up. I have searched entire counties and districts at time looking for an ancestor, because I "knew" they had to be there. I have often been rewarded with the listing I searched for.
Have you found the family on the 1920 census? Same place or different?
Debbie
Don't give up so easy. Census research is not always easy. What I gave you was searching on the exact spelling for the 2 variations you provided. Their name could have been spelled slightly different and not show up, or spelled correctly and indexed wrong.
Go to a library or family history center and "play" with various searches. By first name and year of birth living in NY in Manahattan for example. Sometimes a page by page search is needed if before you can give up. I have searched entire counties and districts at time looking for an ancestor, because I "knew" they had to be there. I have often been rewarded with the listing I searched for.
Have you found the family on the 1920 census? Same place or different?
Debbie
