steve morse visit

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran

steve morse visit

Post by juanminbar »

good morning, last night i attended a seminar that had steve morse as a guest speaker. the credentials of this man are mind boggleling. his speech covered his new website which he labels "1 step". as anyone knows who has pulled up his site it is broken down featuring rooms with numerous subtitles. each sub is an avenue to access data without searching beyond his site.

he covered much detail but with so much to offer he breezed through each subtitle. needless to say it was more than i could absorb in one session. i wish i could state more but i can't. one thing that threw a curve at me was his illustrations which were relevant to jewish documents. the tranlating of names and dates was a new experience. having only viewed italian documents i found i could not grasp what he was showing. steve is a very congenial person and pointed out that his heritage was russian/jew. it would only be natural that his showings dealt with his ethnic background.

he did field questions but few were posed. i'm assuming most were drained from the experience.

ciao, j....................
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: steve morse visit

Post by mfjp »

Thanks juanminbar :P

If an organization does sponsor a Toronto visit, I would certainly attend. There is a strong Jewish community here and hopefully he will make another visit.

All the best to you,
maria
Essgee
Master
Master

Re: steve morse visit

Post by Essgee »

So glad you got to see him.

A lot of what he does with his site is related to Jewish research...so you are right about it being his area of expertise.

Despite that, I am sure you learned a lot and I do wish I lived near some place where I could catch him speak. As for questions...he reponds so well to e-mails that I am sure many people there already knew they could access his opinion any time......

Good for you in showing your support for the man and his work...

Have a great on Juan!