My Grandfather Tommaso Feriante was born in Patti Sicily in 1882. he was a foundling and assigned the name "Feriante" by the mayor in Patti, Sicily. We are trying to locate his parents and it is very difficult as the mother is very protected from being identified. Any thoughts you may have as to other strategies to find at least the baby's maternal family would be appreciated.
Where do I go from here? I've read about the dossier's for abandoned children. Were there any prominent orphanages, hospitals in Patti, Messina area ( or southern italy) in the 1880's?
How do I begin searching for the dossier for him?
Any help would be appreciated
Leza Feriante
Looking for my foundling Grandfathers Birth Parents
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Looking for my foundling Grandfathers Birth Parents
There are several posts on my website on this subject that you are sure to find helpful.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: Looking for my foundling Grandfathers Birth Parents
Thank you I found some helpful information.
