PARENTE/PARENTI/PARENT
PARENTE/PARENTI/PARENT
I have a few questions about the above names. At one time I remember someone telling me that PARENTE was used in the south, and PARENTI was used more in the north. And then I heard (with our family at least) that they may have come from France with Napoleon, and it was actually the French PARENT. I have recently found a second cousin who says that the family came from Parma. Anything anyone knows about the above is appreciated.
Re: PARENTE/PARENTI/PARENT
"PARENTE" is a PERSON. PARENTI are 2 or more PERSONS, in italian. English "PARENT" is like italian "GENITORI"(Your Father, your Mother). Italian "PARENTE" or "PARENTI" is like "RELATIVE" or "RELATIVES" in English.missymess wrote:I have a few questions about the above names. At one time I remember someone telling me that PARENTE was used in the south, and PARENTI was used more in the north. And then I heard (with our family at least) that they may have come from France with Napoleon, and it was actually the French PARENT. I have recently found a second cousin who says that the family came from Parma. Anything anyone knows about the above is appreciated.
The official language is Italian, but every region have own dialect. In the South of Italy there are similar dialects. Sicilian dialect is like Calabrian dialect...
