Bernacchia Family
-
Rick Berni
- Veteran

- Posts: 141
- Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26
Re: Bernacchia Family
Hi Tessa and everyone,
I would really appreciate getting your help in finding a birth notice or marriage notice for Teresa Lucenda Bernacchia. She was probably born between 1845 and 1850 in Rosciano, Fano Pesaro Urbino. I also have that she married Antonio Vagnini but have no date. Their Daughter is Albina Vagnini b:1869 d:1924. I am trying to find out if Teresa is my GG Grandfather's(Angelo Bernacchia) sister. Hopefully you can find this info or point me in the right direction for researching.
Thanks,
Rick
I would really appreciate getting your help in finding a birth notice or marriage notice for Teresa Lucenda Bernacchia. She was probably born between 1845 and 1850 in Rosciano, Fano Pesaro Urbino. I also have that she married Antonio Vagnini but have no date. Their Daughter is Albina Vagnini b:1869 d:1924. I am trying to find out if Teresa is my GG Grandfather's(Angelo Bernacchia) sister. Hopefully you can find this info or point me in the right direction for researching.
Thanks,
Rick
Re: Bernacchia Family
Hey Rick! My GG grandmother is an Albina Vagnini who married Giuseppe Perlini. I have marriage records for their children Attilio and Maria. I would like to know if you think this is the same Albina Vagnini of Fano?
-
Rick Berni
- Veteran

- Posts: 141
- Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26
Re: Bernacchia Family
Yep, she is the same Albina Vagnini. Attilio and Maria are my Grandfather's(Enrico Bernacchia) cousins somehow. I have not been able to put it all together. I have a ship manifest from 1912 that states my grandfather is going to Sudbury to live with his cousin Attilio Perlini. I have been working with your cousin Ron Falcioni in Sudbury to figure this out. We believe that the connection is with Albina and that she is somehow related to the Bernacchias. I have been to Fano 4 times and still cannot find the connection. However, Albina's mother is a Barbara Tonucci and there are several Bernacchias married to Tonucci's. This is the avenue I'm pursuing.
Rick
Rick
-
Rick Berni
- Veteran

- Posts: 141
- Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26
Re: Bernacchia Family
Hi There, Just want to clear up any confusion with Albina's parents. It was always believed that Albina's parents were Antonio Vagnini and Teresa Lucenda Bernacchia as stated in a previous post. However, on my last trip to Fano, I found this to be false. Albina's parents are Amato Vagnini and Barbara Tonucci.We believe that Antonio and Amato are brothers but I have to verify this.
-
kathyhulsman
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 23 Dec 2020, 12:54
Re: Bernacchia Family
In family search I have found your posts on this site. My Uncle Aldo Ballarini from Fano, travelled back to Copper Cliff to stay with his cousin Attilio Perlini. I too am looking for a link between Perlini and My Dad Oddo Ballerini, his brother Aldo and their sister Tina. They were all born in Copper Cliff, however, their parents came from Fano, and they all moved back their. Very curious of the link between all. I do know that back then people lied and would say it was a relative they were staying with, so I am searching for the link here as well.Rick Berni wrote: 02 Dec 2018, 14:57 Hi Tessa, Biff, Ann and anyone else involved,
I am amazed at the info you are finding for me and how quickly. Here is a situation that my family has been trying to figure out for over a year. My grandfather came to NY in Sept.1912. The ship is theTaormina from Genoa. On the ship manifest it states that my Grandfather,Enrico Bernacchia is going to live with his cousin Attilio Perlini in Sudbury Ontario Canada. We have not been able to find out how Enrico and Attilio are cousins.I have stated in the above post, Enrico's birth info, as well as, his parent's.
Attilio Perlini was born in 1890 in Bellochi, Fano, Pesaro Urbino. His father is Giuseppe Perlini born1865 and his mother is Albina Vagnini born 1869 in Bellochi. Any info on the relationship would be awesome.
Thanks Again,
Rick
Kathy (Ballerini)
Hulsman
-
Rick Berni
- Veteran

- Posts: 141
- Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26
Re: Bernacchia Family
Hi Kathy,
Thanks for making the connection. I have cousins in Sudbury and one is Ron Falcioni who is Attilio Perlini's grandson. I will contact him and ask if he is familiar with the Ballarini name. He may have some info. I will let you know. Do you live in Canada? Most of the Marchegians who went to live in Copper Cliff came from Bellocchi or Rosciano which are frazione of Fano. Do these town's names sound familiar to you?
Rick
Thanks for making the connection. I have cousins in Sudbury and one is Ron Falcioni who is Attilio Perlini's grandson. I will contact him and ask if he is familiar with the Ballarini name. He may have some info. I will let you know. Do you live in Canada? Most of the Marchegians who went to live in Copper Cliff came from Bellocchi or Rosciano which are frazione of Fano. Do these town's names sound familiar to you?
Rick
-
kathyhulsman
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 23 Dec 2020, 12:54
Re: Bernacchia Family
Hi Rick,
Thanks for responding!! My parents were both from Fano. My mother was born there and my father's parents originated in Fano, but their 3 kids were born in Copper Cliff, then later returned to Fano. My father was Oddo, his brother Aldo and sister Tina Ballerini. I live in Ancaster, Ontario close to Hamilton.
On my Uncle Aldo's documents of travel I see he was staying with his cousin Attilio Perlini. Of course I never paid attention as a child to stories or names, or I didn't retain it. LOL. I know in doing research they tell you that people would use names of people and say they were relatives, but in all likelihood it can be a relative.
I appreciate any information you can find.
Kathy
Thanks for responding!! My parents were both from Fano. My mother was born there and my father's parents originated in Fano, but their 3 kids were born in Copper Cliff, then later returned to Fano. My father was Oddo, his brother Aldo and sister Tina Ballerini. I live in Ancaster, Ontario close to Hamilton.
On my Uncle Aldo's documents of travel I see he was staying with his cousin Attilio Perlini. Of course I never paid attention as a child to stories or names, or I didn't retain it. LOL. I know in doing research they tell you that people would use names of people and say they were relatives, but in all likelihood it can be a relative.
I appreciate any information you can find.
Kathy
-
Rick Berni
- Veteran

- Posts: 141
- Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26
Re: Bernacchia Family
Hi Kathy,
I talked to Ron Falcioni and he is going to contact his aunt, who is Attilio's last surviving daughter. She is 85. She may know something. What is your mother's maiden name,Grandmother's maiden name? This may help. Also, what year is on Aldo's travel document? I will get back to you if I find any info.
I talked to Ron Falcioni and he is going to contact his aunt, who is Attilio's last surviving daughter. She is 85. She may know something. What is your mother's maiden name,Grandmother's maiden name? This may help. Also, what year is on Aldo's travel document? I will get back to you if I find any info.
-
Rick Berni
- Veteran

- Posts: 141
- Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26
Re: Bernacchia Family
Hi Kathy,
Just checking the spelling of your last name. On your first post, Aldo's last name is spelled Ballarini but you later spell it Ballerini. There are many Ballerinis living in Pesaro now, which is about 10K from Fano.
Just checking the spelling of your last name. On your first post, Aldo's last name is spelled Ballarini but you later spell it Ballerini. There are many Ballerinis living in Pesaro now, which is about 10K from Fano.
-
kathyhulsman
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 23 Dec 2020, 12:54
Re: Bernacchia Family
Rick, we always spelled our name Ballerini, my uncle always said it was spelled Ballarini. In my research it is definitely Ballerini. All census and records I've found, their parents Guerrino and Irene Ballerini etc. So that would be the correct spelling.
-
Rick Berni
- Veteran

- Posts: 141
- Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26
Re: Bernacchia Family
Hi Kathy,
My cousin talked to his aunt, Attilio's daughter and she doesn't recall the name. Do you know your grandmother Irene's maiden name? What is your mother's maiden name? I have done a lot of searching for family in the Fano area and I may have come across both surnames. Some of the older records in Antenati may have birth, death or marriage info on both sides of your family.
My cousin talked to his aunt, Attilio's daughter and she doesn't recall the name. Do you know your grandmother Irene's maiden name? What is your mother's maiden name? I have done a lot of searching for family in the Fano area and I may have come across both surnames. Some of the older records in Antenati may have birth, death or marriage info on both sides of your family.
-
kathyhulsman
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 23 Dec 2020, 12:54
Re: Bernacchia Family
Irene's maiden name was Lugini, her parents were Antonio and Anna.My Mother was Bianca Carboni, her mother was Adalgisa Bevilacqua. All from Fano. When my Grandparents Guerrino and Irene returned to Fano they had a farm outside of Fano city center. My mother lived on the Adriatic, opened the front door and there was the water. It is now the sight of a hotel I believe. I have relatives all over Italy sadly met them only once when I was 17 and do not remember all the names. I am in touch with Attilio Patricola and his daughter Isabella in Fano, facebook helps people reconnect. Attilio's mother Giancarla was Tina Ballerini's daughter.
I have a lot of trouble finding birth's and death's, wondering if war time caused the loss of some documents.
I have a lot of trouble finding birth's and death's, wondering if war time caused the loss of some documents.
-
Rick Berni
- Veteran

- Posts: 141
- Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26
Re: Bernacchia Family
Hi Kathy,
I checked the Fano phone book for the surnames you gave me. There are no Lugini or Ballerini names listed. There is 1 Bevilaqua and many Carboni. I checked a bit on Antenati in Bellocchi for Bevilaqua and there are some. The reason I checked Bellocchi is because that is where the Perlinis are from. As I said earlier there are quite a few Ballerinis in Pesaro which is very close to Fano.
If you have any birth, death or marriage dates for your parents or grandparents etc, you should post it on this forum. They really found a lot of info for me,especially Tessa 78. If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.
Rick
I checked the Fano phone book for the surnames you gave me. There are no Lugini or Ballerini names listed. There is 1 Bevilaqua and many Carboni. I checked a bit on Antenati in Bellocchi for Bevilaqua and there are some. The reason I checked Bellocchi is because that is where the Perlinis are from. As I said earlier there are quite a few Ballerinis in Pesaro which is very close to Fano.
If you have any birth, death or marriage dates for your parents or grandparents etc, you should post it on this forum. They really found a lot of info for me,especially Tessa 78. If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.
Rick