I was asked a question this morning by someone I've been helping at the local library for which I don't have a definitive answer.
"Were foundling infants baptized before or after they were left at "'la ruota,' the foundling wheel?"
My guess is that they were baptized after abandonment. I'd appreciate any input from others on this.
Thanks.
Biff
La Ruota and Baptism
La Ruota and Baptism
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: La Ruota and Baptism
Whats there name town and year?
Marty
Marty
Re: La Ruota and Baptism
Marty,
The town is Gangi in Palermo. This person's great grandfather was left at the wheel in 1877.
Marcello Olivastro, #two.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
Biff
The town is Gangi in Palermo. This person's great grandfather was left at the wheel in 1877.
Marcello Olivastro, #two.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"

