Hi,
Was wondering if someone can help me on the following. I was looking up passages into Argentina, Brazil and USA on a website.
I came across a few words I have no clue as to what they mean.
Can someone help me please?
Under religion it states: desconocida
occupations: bracciente, zapatro, sarto, contadino
marital status: vedovo/a, celibe/nubile
sposatola
Thanks for your help.
Ally
meaning of a few words
Re: meaning of a few words
The first word, desconocida means stranger or not recognized if I'm not mistaken. Sarto I think means tailor.ally wrote:Hi,
Was wondering if someone can help me on the following. I was looking up passages into Argentina, Brazil and USA on a website.
I came across a few words I have no clue as to what they mean.
Can someone help me please?
Under religion it states: desconocida
occupations: bracciente, zapatro, sarto, contadino
marital status: vedovo/a, celibe/nubile
sposatola
Thanks for your help.
Ally
I'm not sure about the others...sposatola could mean married, celibe/nubile could mean single and vedovo may mean widowed. My Spanish is really rusty.
Nuccia
Re: meaning of a few words
Hi,
desconocida = unknown
bracciante = farmhand, farmer, generical agricultural worker
sarto = tailor
contadino = farmer
zapatero = shoemaker
vedova/o = widow /-er
celibe/nubile = unmarried, single (celibe is for male, nubile for female)
sposato/a = married
Hope this will help
Kindly regards
Tommaso
desconocida = unknown
bracciante = farmhand, farmer, generical agricultural worker
sarto = tailor
contadino = farmer
zapatero = shoemaker
vedova/o = widow /-er
celibe/nubile = unmarried, single (celibe is for male, nubile for female)
sposato/a = married
Hope this will help
Kindly regards
Tommaso
Re: meaning of a few words
Tomasso,
That was fast. Thank you sooo much!
Have a good day!
Ally
That was fast. Thank you sooo much!
Have a good day!
Ally

