Family from Montemileto
Family from Montemileto
How would I go about getting information about my family who used to live in Montemiletto? Their surname is Riccio.
Thanks in advance.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Family from Montemileto
LDS-Family History Center has these available films for Montemiletto:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++
To local your local FHC
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++
You can rent the films for abt. $5.50/5.75 per month.
Hope this finds.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++
To local your local FHC
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++
You can rent the films for abt. $5.50/5.75 per month.
Hope this finds.
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Family from Montemiletto
Thanks.
Are there any other Italian online sites which I can use? I thought it may be possible to search the local church or cemetery records, in Avellino. I've been stuck for quite a while in my research and I'm looking for a few options.
Are there any other Italian online sites which I can use? I thought it may be possible to search the local church or cemetery records, in Avellino. I've been stuck for quite a while in my research and I'm looking for a few options.
Re: Family from Montemileto
There are very, very few Italian records online. I haven't found any for the province of Avellino, so you either write the comune for information or use the LDS films.
- lalberogenealogico
- Rookie

- Posts: 49
- Joined: 01 Nov 2003, 00:00
- Location: Montemiletto (AV) - Italia
- Contact:
Re: Family from Montemileto
Dear jj_nycguy,
I live in Montemiletto since I was born. I did many family trees in my village. Tell me more about Riccio. It's not a popular surname of Montemiletto.
Kind Regards,
Gaetano Petrillo
I live in Montemiletto since I was born. I did many family trees in my village. Tell me more about Riccio. It's not a popular surname of Montemiletto.
Kind Regards,
Gaetano Petrillo
Re: Family from Montemileto
This is the information that I have regarding my family from Montemiletto. Any information you could provide would be really really appreciated.
Tommaso Riccio married Marie Di Franco. They were born and remained in Italy. They had three sons: Ciriaco (1883-1970), Antonio (1882-19??) and Michele (1892-1947). Ciriaco is my g-grandfather.
Ciriaco Riccio married Rosa Colletti (1881-1926) in Montemiletto, in 1900. Ciriaco came to NYC, USA in 1902 for a better life. Antonio and Michele followed, shortly afterward. Rosa came to NYC, USA around 1904. Together they resided in Queens, NY and had seven children.
I'm looking to find out more information about Tommaso and Marie. For example, did they have other children... when were they married... when were they born/died? What does Montemiletto look like?
Again, thanks in advance!
Tommaso Riccio married Marie Di Franco. They were born and remained in Italy. They had three sons: Ciriaco (1883-1970), Antonio (1882-19??) and Michele (1892-1947). Ciriaco is my g-grandfather.
Ciriaco Riccio married Rosa Colletti (1881-1926) in Montemiletto, in 1900. Ciriaco came to NYC, USA in 1902 for a better life. Antonio and Michele followed, shortly afterward. Rosa came to NYC, USA around 1904. Together they resided in Queens, NY and had seven children.
I'm looking to find out more information about Tommaso and Marie. For example, did they have other children... when were they married... when were they born/died? What does Montemiletto look like?
Again, thanks in advance!
Re: Family from Montemileto
Hi jj_nycguy,
See you got lucky & found a member that actuallly lives in the town of origin. He can help you get the Italian records.
Do you have the ship manifests, census records and naturalization papers for your grandfather?
See you got lucky & found a member that actuallly lives in the town of origin. He can help you get the Italian records.
Do you have the ship manifests, census records and naturalization papers for your grandfather?
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Family from Montemileto
Yes, I have the census and manifest records. I have my fingers cross that Gaetano can help me. Obtaining this information would be incredible. Not only have I've been searching for it, but two of my uncles have tried unsuccessfully.
Re: Family from Montemileto
Best of luck.
jcsm
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Family from Montemileto
Here's a website you may want to look at...
http://www.comune.montemiletto.av.it/home.htm
and this one..
http://campania.indettaglio.it/eng/comu ... letto.html
Nuccia
http://www.comune.montemiletto.av.it/home.htm
and this one..
http://campania.indettaglio.it/eng/comu ... letto.html
Nuccia
- lalberogenealogico
- Rookie

- Posts: 49
- Joined: 01 Nov 2003, 00:00
- Location: Montemiletto (AV) - Italia
- Contact:
- lalberogenealogico
- Rookie

- Posts: 49
- Joined: 01 Nov 2003, 00:00
- Location: Montemiletto (AV) - Italia
- Contact:
Re: Family from Montemileto
John,
it's incredible! Ciriaco Riccio married Rosa Colletti. I did Colletti family tree and I found the birth act of Rosa Colletti. But I don't remember if they married in Italy or in USA. The world is very little...
Gaetano Petrillo
it's incredible! Ciriaco Riccio married Rosa Colletti. I did Colletti family tree and I found the birth act of Rosa Colletti. But I don't remember if they married in Italy or in USA. The world is very little...
Gaetano Petrillo
Re: Family from Montemileto
Thanks, Gaetano. Could you check on the surname Colella? There's been discussion in my family that Rosa's real full name may have been Maria Rosa Colella, not Colletti. Based on my family, they were married in Montemiletto, in 1900. It is also possible that she was born in 1884, not 1881.
Thanks in advance for any information you can find.
Thanks in advance for any information you can find.
Re: Family from Montemileto
What is the birth date on that record? Is there any other information that you can share with me?lalberogenealogico wrote:John,
it's incredible! Ciriaco Riccio married Rosa Colletti. I did Colletti family tree and I found the birth act of Rosa Colletti. But I don't remember if they married in Italy or in USA. The world is very little...
Gaetano Petrillo
I really appreciate this.
Thanks.

