Discovered Foundling Roots w/DNA?

Genetic genealogy is the application of genetics to traditional genealogy. Genetic genealogy involves the use of genealogical DNA testing to determine the level and type of the genetic relationship between individuals.
CiaoThina

Discovered Foundling Roots w/DNA?

Post by CiaoThina »

Has anyone here successfully back-traced their “foundling” ancestor’s history/story with the breadcrumbs that today’s modern science/tech offers? I’ve done both 23 and Me & Ancestry DNA (for completely different reasons) but wonder if I can’t possibly unlock my great-grandfathers unknown past.

Skilled ppl here have been able to completely translate his birth record. I have thousands of matches DNA wise. Has anyone else been successful?
Nick_Lamaine
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Discovered Foundling Roots w/DNA?

Post by Nick_Lamaine »

I have had 3 different tests done. All 3 came up a little different. The DNA's tests have helped me when 2 people with same name a about same birthdate are found. Ancestry will flag genetic matches. I have gone back as far as I can on the site with simple search. That is what had brought me here to try and find out more information about before they came to US.