Assistance with the Latin translation of the 1769 birth record of Simon? Antonio Benedetto

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jrbak
Elite
Elite

Assistance with the Latin translation of the 1769 birth record of Simon? Antonio Benedetto

Post by jrbak »

I am once again in need of some help with the additions and/or corrections of this Latin 1769 birth record for Simon?? Antonio Benedetto. I would be much obliged. I believe it reads:

28th? October 1769 in this church
Simon?? Antonio legitimate and natural son of Giuseppe of deceased Carlo and Anna Maria of deceased Giovanni Domenico Baratto, spouses de Benedetto, baptized by me subscripted, born the day before. Godparents were Antonio of Giuseppe Bagno and Isabella widow of Lorenzo Pastore??

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=442795

Thank you so very much,
Jefferie (jrbak)
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Assistance with the Latin translation of the 1769 birth record of Simon? Antonio Benedetto

Post by Biff83 »

Jefferie,

Another very helpful list to bookmark or better print for reference.

https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/im ... d_List.pdf

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
mmogno
Master
Master

Re: Assistance with the Latin translation of the 1769 birth record of Simon? Antonio Benedetto

Post by mmogno »

jrbak wrote: 04 Jan 2020, 23:18 28th October 1769 in the same church
Simon Antonio legitimate and natural son of Giuseppe of deceased Carlo and Anna Maria of deceased Giovanni Domenico Baratto, spouses de Benedetto, was baptized by me subscripted, born the day before. Godparents were Antonio of Giuseppe Bagno and Isabella widow of Lorenzo Pastore
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
jrbak
Elite
Elite

Post by jrbak »

Dear Biff83 and Mmogno,
Thank you Biff for the helpful reference from Family Search once again. Thankyou Mmogno for your help with my translations. I will watch more carefully on using the same church (eadem ecclesia) rather than "this" church which I had kept using until you corrected me. I see the word (fuit)-was. Thanks for your help.
Jefferie (jrbak)