Chicago - Will they require census?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
rbuonafede
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: 19 Aug 2011, 23:07

Chicago - Will they require census?

Post by rbuonafede »

My grandmother was born in 1920 and her parents were born in Italy. I have not had any luck locating the naturalization record of my grandfather. I believe if I contact both the Chicago area courts as well as national archives there will be no record returned. My concern is, on the 1930 census it lists that he was naturalized.

Has anyone had experience with this? Will the statement of no records from the courts be sufficient or will they expect to see the census record? We will be going through Chicago.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Post Reply