Death Record
Death Record
Has anybody ever read a death record and at the very end where there is a blank for the deceased parents name seen anything else written .If so could you please tell me what the word was.I have had that experience and could not read the word but have seen that very word in the same spot on many other death reports suggesting it is a common word for that spot.Any word you can remember could be the one I am looking for. thanks.
Re: Death Record
Hi There,scorpione wrote:Has anybody ever read a death record and at the very end where there is a blank for the deceased parents name seen anything else written .If so could you please tell me what the word was.I have had that experience and could not read the word but have seen that very word in the same spot on many other death reports suggesting it is a common word for that spot.Any word you can remember could be the one I am looking for. thanks.
If you can post the record, I probably could tell you what it is. Or if you email me a copy of the document, I can do the same.
Every so many years, the documents changed style and format so I would need to see the document to help you with the translation.
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Re: Death Record
Trish.
Nice to see you posting again. Welcome back!
Joyce
Nice to see you posting again. Welcome back!
Joyce
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Death Record
Re: Death Record
Hi Joyce,
Thank you for the welcome back, however, I'm still not back 100%. However, it's nice to know I'm loved and missed.

Hi Joe,
I re-read your orginial post. If there are blank (empty) spaces for where the names of the parent's should be, then there are several reasons for this.
1. No one knew the names of the parents. This especially happens if the deceased was very old when they died and people of the town just can't remember who the parents are.
2. The deceased was from another town. However, if this is the case, there should be on the document..born in (name of town).
3. Some towns were lazy and just didn't want to fill in the blanks while other towns give so much detail.
Now what you can do is try to find the deceased's Marriage Act. The Marriage Act would state what town he was born in.
You could also look for his Birth Act in the town or in neighboring towns.
Also, look for records of other people with the same surname. They could be siblings or relatives and could lead you to the correct name of the town and/or possible parents of the deceased.
And don't forget, that some people did go by their middle names. I see that a lot when I'm doing research. An example is Francesco Antonio went by the name of Antonio. Sometimes it gets a little confusing.
I hope this helps some. If you have questions, just ask.
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Thank you for the welcome back, however, I'm still not back 100%. However, it's nice to know I'm loved and missed.
Hi Joe,
I re-read your orginial post. If there are blank (empty) spaces for where the names of the parent's should be, then there are several reasons for this.
1. No one knew the names of the parents. This especially happens if the deceased was very old when they died and people of the town just can't remember who the parents are.
2. The deceased was from another town. However, if this is the case, there should be on the document..born in (name of town).
3. Some towns were lazy and just didn't want to fill in the blanks while other towns give so much detail.
Now what you can do is try to find the deceased's Marriage Act. The Marriage Act would state what town he was born in.
You could also look for his Birth Act in the town or in neighboring towns.
Also, look for records of other people with the same surname. They could be siblings or relatives and could lead you to the correct name of the town and/or possible parents of the deceased.
And don't forget, that some people did go by their middle names. I see that a lot when I'm doing research. An example is Francesco Antonio went by the name of Antonio. Sometimes it gets a little confusing.
I hope this helps some. If you have questions, just ask.
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum

