What years are included in the Ellis Island data? My father believes they stop at 1924. I thought since the website has been up a few years, they would have added more data by now.
My grandmothers name was Angelina (DeAngelis) Salvatori. She would have came to America sometime between 1925 and 1931. Most likely closer to 1930. I can not find any record of her. She was born and resided in Tagliacozzo.
Ellis Island site
Re: Ellis Island site
They do stop at about 1924. I too would like to get access to later years since my mother came sometime in early 30s . I believe you can view the microfilms of later years at regional national archives offices. I do not know if all the years after 1924 are available at ancestry.com
Sal
Sal
Researching Iob (Job, Yob), Dalpiaz, Zanon in villages of Cunevo and Flavon (Trentino) and Romano in Spadafora (Sicily).
www.trentinoheritage.com
www.trentinoheritage.com
-
msalvatori
- Newbie

- Posts: 7
- Joined: 26 Jul 2006, 00:00
- Location: New York
Re: Ellis Island site
Thanks for verifying. I am close enough to Ellis Island where I could go personally. I guess I will have to make a day of it!!
Re: Ellis Island site
On line www.ellisisland.org records are from 1892 - 1924
Ancestry. com... New York Passenger lists....
Description:
"This database is an index to the passenger lists of ships arriving from foreign ports at the port of New York from 1851-1891 and 1935-1938. In addition, the names found in the index are linked to actual images of the passenger lists, copied from the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) microfilm, M237, rolls 95-580 and T715, rolls 5592-6267."
Above Info from Ancestry .com...
Boston Manifests
"This database is an index to the passenger lists of ships arriving from foreign ports at the port of Boston, Massachusetts from 1820-1943. In addition, the names found in the index are linked to actual images of the passenger lists, copied from the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) microfilm series, T843 (rolls 1-454) and M277 (rolls 1-115)."
Above Info from Ancestry .com...
so... there's hope for a record somewhere...
I know someone is already looking for the record you seek... !!
Maria
Ancestry. com... New York Passenger lists....
Description:
"This database is an index to the passenger lists of ships arriving from foreign ports at the port of New York from 1851-1891 and 1935-1938. In addition, the names found in the index are linked to actual images of the passenger lists, copied from the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) microfilm, M237, rolls 95-580 and T715, rolls 5592-6267."
Above Info from Ancestry .com...
Boston Manifests
"This database is an index to the passenger lists of ships arriving from foreign ports at the port of Boston, Massachusetts from 1820-1943. In addition, the names found in the index are linked to actual images of the passenger lists, copied from the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) microfilm series, T843 (rolls 1-454) and M277 (rolls 1-115)."
Above Info from Ancestry .com...
so... there's hope for a record somewhere...
I know someone is already looking for the record you seek... !!
Maria

