Surname: Bruzzese; Town: Mammola

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Renaldo11

Surname: Bruzzese; Town: Mammola

Post by Renaldo11 »

Hello everyone,

I am looking for documents related to my great grandparents, specifically a marriage certificate/registration. My great grandfathers name was Francesco Bruzzese, and my great grandmothers name was Maria Caterina Scarfo. I know Francesco was born in Mammola. I don't know exactly where Maria was born, ancestry says Mammola, but I don't know for sure.

I have been searching many different forums, ancestry, and family search in attempt to locate it. Unfortunately, I haven't any luck yet! I am wondering if anyone can help me out with my search. Whether it be people to contact, websites, or just any tips in general would be very helpful. Also, if anyone just so happens to be familiar with the names mentioned above, any other information/documents on them would be amazing.

Thank you for reading this, and have a great day!

Renaldo
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Surname: Bruzzese; Town: Mammola

Post by PippoM »

Do you know any date about them?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
greglam
Rookie
Rookie

Post by greglam »

Hello, Renaldo.

I'm not able to help you directly, however, the Bruzzese family has been in Steubenville, Ohio for more than a century, and one or two of them are attorneys, and I believe still actively practicing law. You could probably do a search and locate their law office and email address.

Best wishes!
-Greg
MarkGalvani

Post by MarkGalvani »

Renaldo, we are related! Maria Caterina Scarfo was the sister of my great grandfather Francesco Scarfo. I would be happy to share what I have found with you, please reach out anytime