Antenati security issue..?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Antenati security issue..?

Post by MarcuccioV »

Is anyone else having a problem accessing the Antenati site..? I was on it a little while ago, but now my browser is giving me site security certificate problems & will not let the page load.

Anybody getting this too..?

My phone is giving me the same error...
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will eventually collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci DelBrusco Falera Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
georock150

Re: Antenati security issue..?

Post by georock150 »

I think they just changed the format of the site within the last hour or so. I was working on Olevano sul Tusciano, Salerno deaths up to 1850 this morning. When I figured out how to continue I couldn't get past the first page of the index for 1851. Must be bugs to work out.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

No security issues but images do not load directly. I have to click on the small "immagine #" to open individual images. This has been a recurring problem.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Post by MarcuccioV »

Biff83 wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 17:57 No security issues but images do not load directly. I have to click on the small "immagine #" to open individual images. This has been a recurring problem.

Biff
That I know, and this is a different issue. The entire site will not load.
Mark

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci DelBrusco Falera Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
BobNY

Post by BobNY »

This is what I am getting with Firefox:

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.
============================
I get this from Opera:
This server could not prove that it is dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it; its security certificate is from www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.
JamesM
Elite
Elite

Post by JamesM »

I had the same issue a couple of hours ago.
It seems that the website has a new design and is up and running again.
At least for now
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Post by MarcuccioV »

BobNY wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 18:22 This is what I am getting with Firefox:

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.
============================
I get this from Opera:
This server could not prove that it is dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it; its security certificate is from www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.
Thank you for confirming. same thing I'm getting from Edge...
Mark

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Antenati New Version

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

People might find the following helpful: https://www.facebook.com/AntenatiPortaleSan/

Angela
JamesM
Elite
Elite

Antenati New Version

Post by JamesM »

With the new site, I notice I am not able to right click on an image to download it.
Any ideas on how to do it with the new site?
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Antenati New Version

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

JamesM wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 22:16 With the new site, I notice I am not able to right click on an image to download it.
Any ideas on how to do it with the new site?
It works for me. Right click, then "save as". If you save it in "zoom in" mode it won't save the complete record, so don't zoom in when you are saving.

(I think we'll probably experience a few teething issues initially.)

Angela
JamesM
Elite
Elite

Post by JamesM »

All I'm getting is Save as web archive which has no image.
I'm on a Mac running Monterey
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Post by MarcuccioV »

Found & bookmarked the new site -- works more like FamilySearch now, where you can scroll through images. Unfortunately, you can't choose a page number to directly go to it seems.

There will no doubt be a learning curve, but hopefully the page error issue is behind us (just when I learned to get around it)... :roll:
Mark

Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

The "save as" function now only will save the image size as it appears on the window. If you try to enlarge, you can only save the enlarged piece that is in the window. When you save the images show in the window, they are small and when blown up after saving become almost illegible.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
bbivona
Master
Master

Post by bbivona »

Biff83 wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 01:49 The "save as" function now only will save the image size as it appears on the window. If you try to enlarge, you can only save the enlarged piece that is in the window. When you save the images show in the window, they are small and when blown up after saving become almost illegible.

Biff
You can still download individual images but you have to access through the manifest. Awkward to do, but at least the ability is there. Looking for an easier workaround. Here is an example of a page on the new site linked that way.
https://iiif-antenati.san.beniculturali ... d0pQd-NkRI
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

Does the new site now include records for Siracusa Province?