Polizzi Generosa Death Records Problem

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
rp76226
Master
Master
Posts: 2132
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 17:00

Polizzi Generosa Death Records Problem

Post by rp76226 »

I cannot pull up the 1884 Polizzi Generosa death record # 71 (Gioachino Trabunella) (Google Chrome blocking it for not being secure). I also cannot pull up 1904 death record # 177 for Giuseppe Trabunella, his son. If anyone can pull them up please send here as an attachment because a link would likely not work.

Ron
User avatar
MarcuccioV
Master
Master
Posts: 1903
Joined: 11 Jan 2021, 17:49
Location: West Hills, CA USA

Re: Polizzi Generosa Death Records Problem

Post by MarcuccioV »

rp76226 wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 03:01 I cannot pull up the 1884 Polizzi Generosa death record # 71 (Gioachino Trabunella) (Google Chrome blocking it for not being secure). I also cannot pull up 1904 death record # 177 for Giuseppe Trabunella, his son. If anyone can pull them up please send here as an attachment because a link would likely not work.

Ron
Start your search here at the new Antenati page:

https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/

DO NOT use the old URL. May as well start getting used to it...
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
User avatar
rp76226
Master
Master
Posts: 2132
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 17:00

Re: Polizzi Generosa Death Records Problem

Post by rp76226 »

Wow. This will take time to get used to since I don't speak Italian and get by with a few words and numbers within set formats. I hope someone gives a YouTube tutorial in English on how to use this website.

Ron
User avatar
MarcuccioV
Master
Master
Posts: 1903
Joined: 11 Jan 2021, 17:49
Location: West Hills, CA USA

Re: Polizzi Generosa Death Records Problem

Post by MarcuccioV »

rp76226 wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 04:29 Wow. This will take time to get used to since I don't speak Italian and get by with a few words and numbers within set formats. I hope someone gives a YouTube tutorial in English on how to use this website.

Ron
Look at the bottom of the page -- it is translated into several languages, including English. They also have a Facebook page with explanations of the new site.
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
User avatar
MarcuccioV
Master
Master
Posts: 1903
Joined: 11 Jan 2021, 17:49
Location: West Hills, CA USA

Re: Polizzi Generosa Death Records Problem

Post by MarcuccioV »

Top right of the Home page -- under where it says "DGA" -- you see an Italian flag with "Italiano": Hover over that & several other languages appear. Click on the Union Jack & all text will change to English.
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
User avatar
rp76226
Master
Master
Posts: 2132
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 17:00

Re: Polizzi Generosa Death Records Problem

Post by rp76226 »

When I went to Palermo hoping to find Polizzi Generosa, I got an untenable 25,808 results with seemingly no apparent, easy way to drill down to Polizzi death records for 1884.

https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... mo&lang=en

Ron
User avatar
MarcuccioV
Master
Master
Posts: 1903
Joined: 11 Jan 2021, 17:49
Location: West Hills, CA USA

Re: Polizzi Generosa Death Records Problem

Post by MarcuccioV »

rp76226 wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 04:48 When I went to Palermo hoping to find Polizzi Generosa, I got an untenable 25,808 results with seemingly no apparent, easy way to drill down to Polizzi death records for 1884.

https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... mo&lang=en

Ron
They seem to end at 1858...

https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... enerosa%22
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
User avatar
MarcuccioV
Master
Master
Posts: 1903
Joined: 11 Jan 2021, 17:49
Location: West Hills, CA USA

Re: Polizzi Generosa Death Records Problem

Post by MarcuccioV »

If you click your link & look on the LH side, you'll see a short list of communes -- below it is a hyperlink that says "73 more" or something like that. If you click on it it brings up a long list of communes -- Polizzi Generosa is the 4th down in the 2nd column...
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Polizzi Generosa Death Records Problem

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

rp76226 wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 03:01 I cannot pull up the 1884 Polizzi Generosa death record # 71 (Gioachino Trabunella) (Google Chrome blocking it for not being secure). I also cannot pull up 1904 death record # 177 for Giuseppe Trabunella, his son. If anyone can pull them up please send here as an attachment because a link would likely not work.

Ron

Ron, you need to be looking at Family Search for the time period you are searching. Here's one for you.

1904 Death No 177: Giuseppe Trabunella: son of deceased Gioachino Trabunella and deceased Vincenza Notaro: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=471094

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Polizzi Generosa Death Records Problem

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Here’s the other one.

1884 Death Record No 71: Gioachino Trabunella, son of Giuseppe Trabunella: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=471094

Let us know if you need any help with the translation.

Angela
User avatar
rp76226
Master
Master
Posts: 2132
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 17:00

Re: Polizzi Generosa Death Records Problem

Post by rp76226 »

Thank you, I can translate those. How did you get to those years in FamilySearch? I tried it and only found records up to 1858. See link:

https://www.familysearch.org/search/ima ... %3D2608509
User avatar
MarcuccioV
Master
Master
Posts: 1903
Joined: 11 Jan 2021, 17:49
Location: West Hills, CA USA

Re: Polizzi Generosa Death Records Problem

Post by MarcuccioV »

rp76226 wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 16:02 Thank you, I can translate those. How did you get to those years in FamilySearch? I tried it and only found records up to 1858. See link:

https://www.familysearch.org/search/ima ... %3D2608509
https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Polizzi Generosa Death Records Problem

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

rp76226 wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 16:02 Thank you, I can translate those. How did you get to those years in FamilySearch? I tried it and only found records up to 1858. See link:

https://www.familysearch.org/search/ima ... %3D2608509

You are very welcome for the help, Ron. I use different methods, but yesterday I just searched Polizzi Generosa on the "Catalogue" feature on Family Search which gave me two options, found the right films and searched on them. Just beware that at the moment a lot of the films are showing that they are locked, but I just ignore that, especially the post 1866 records, and click on them anyway, and they mostly unlock.

You can continue your search here: https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library

Angela
User avatar
rp76226
Master
Master
Posts: 2132
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 17:00

Re: Polizzi Generosa Death Records Problem

Post by rp76226 »

I hate when they re-program websites and make them harder to navigate as has happened here. What's the point of that? The first time I tried, I got the same result with Polizzi deaths ending in the year 1858. Now, I'm just navigating getting nowhere, Hopefully, I will eventually find and learn the right set of links to click in order to get where I want to go, then retain that navigation knowledge for future inquires for other places.

Ron
Post Reply