By input I mean to say we need further details, as much as you can provide:
full names
spouse name
birthdates
childrens names
birthdates
where can we expect to find them and when.
We need to start with Peter and work backwards if we are to discover his parents, immigration and naturalization, both of which may turn up the ORIGINAL surname......
Peter was born in Chicago in 1912.....when did he move to California?
Did he have brothers or sisters? Do you know the names of the parents?
His brothers name? His wifes name?
Did Peters mother remarry?.........By providing this info we can find and identify the family thru source records......without it, we are but guessing.
Brother of Pete Cheroti sr. Joe Cheroti deceased in Florida
Your grandfather was killed in jail.......his name? Robert Cheroti
Brother Peter Cheroti jr., sister Mary Cheroti
His wifes name? Joan Cheroti
Did Peters mother remarry? No
Cheroti Heritage
Re: Cheroti Heritage
Will see what we can find...there are many fine researchers here who are great at locating hard to find info....they just need the "clues" for a succesful hunt.....
I will not attempt to look for a manifest...not my cup of tea, never has been......
wldspirit
I will not attempt to look for a manifest...not my cup of tea, never has been......
wldspirit
Re: Cheroti Heritage
have we checked this?
Peter Sr brother Joe (note spelling of last name), died in Florida?
California Death Index, 1940-1997
Name: CERUTTI, JOSEPH J
Social Security #: 323053748
Sex: MALE
Birth Date: 27 Apr 1913
BirthPlace: ILLINOIS
Death Date: 11 Aug 1974
Death Place: LOS ANGELES
What do you think? vj
Peter Sr brother Joe (note spelling of last name), died in Florida?
California Death Index, 1940-1997
Name: CERUTTI, JOSEPH J
Social Security #: 323053748
Sex: MALE
Birth Date: 27 Apr 1913
BirthPlace: ILLINOIS
Death Date: 11 Aug 1974
Death Place: LOS ANGELES
What do you think? vj
Re: Cheroti Heritage
Will attempt to put this into context......
Great Grandfather: Peter Joseph Cheroti
Born 1912 Illinois
Died 1994 Alameda, Calif.
Mothers maiden name: Malone
Wife of the above:
Madeline Agnes Cheroti
Born: 1916 Nebraska
Died: 1989 Alameda, Calif.
Mothers maiden name: Jenzen
Children of Peter and Madeline:
Robert L Cheroti
Born: 1947 Illinois
Died: 1973 Marin, Calif.
Peter Jr.
Mary
Parents of Peter Sr. are unknown??
Brother of Peter Sr. is Joe who died in Florida??
Can you confirm or deny the record found by Vj??
And to this point we have three states listed......Illinois, California and Florida......given Roberts birth in Illinois, 1947.......is it safe to assume they did not leave Illinois until after this time??
Name was changed from Cerutti to Cheroti.......however, there are other possibilities for the original spelling.......
Again...need input from you.
I did take a quick look for records...but I am not going to dig for info without feedback.
wldspirit
Great Grandfather: Peter Joseph Cheroti
Born 1912 Illinois
Died 1994 Alameda, Calif.
Mothers maiden name: Malone
Wife of the above:
Madeline Agnes Cheroti
Born: 1916 Nebraska
Died: 1989 Alameda, Calif.
Mothers maiden name: Jenzen
Children of Peter and Madeline:
Robert L Cheroti
Born: 1947 Illinois
Died: 1973 Marin, Calif.
Peter Jr.
Mary
Parents of Peter Sr. are unknown??
Brother of Peter Sr. is Joe who died in Florida??
Can you confirm or deny the record found by Vj??
And to this point we have three states listed......Illinois, California and Florida......given Roberts birth in Illinois, 1947.......is it safe to assume they did not leave Illinois until after this time??
Name was changed from Cerutti to Cheroti.......however, there are other possibilities for the original spelling.......
Again...need input from you.
I did take a quick look for records...but I am not going to dig for info without feedback.
wldspirit
- Cheroti101
- Rookie

- Posts: 38
- Joined: 18 Jun 2005, 00:00
Re: Cheroti Heritage
The brother joe just died in the last couple of years so i dont think that was him.
Re: Cheroti Heritage
Is the outline correct?
wldspirit
wldspirit
- Cheroti101
- Rookie

- Posts: 38
- Joined: 18 Jun 2005, 00:00
Re: Cheroti Heritage
It has been a while, I am working on getting my dual citizenship. I believe the father of Peter Joseph Cheroti was Teofilo Cheroti (Cerutti). My grandfathers name was Robert Leon Cheroti and he was married to my grandmother Karen Raught, both are now deceased.
- Cheroti101
- Rookie

- Posts: 38
- Joined: 18 Jun 2005, 00:00
Re: Cheroti Heritage
I have seen the original birth certificate, Teofilo was a bracciante -day laborer and on the birth certificate i believe it said he was from Genoa. While looking online though I have seen also Orvieto, Italy. I just want my dual citizenship and am not on great terms with other family to ask to have the papers so I am choosing to do it myself. Grazie
- Cheroti101
- Rookie

- Posts: 38
- Joined: 18 Jun 2005, 00:00
Re: Cheroti Heritage
And yes, the outline is correct Wild Spirit.

