I have attached a couple of naturalization files for Michael Chudkosky for details that might help find his parents. He married Michelina Marszycka on February 9, 1919 in Manhattan. They had 3 sons. She died of cancer and he put his 3 sons in an orphanage and went back to Austria (I think - could be Poland or Russia per family stories) where he married his second wife Maria Lucsniak and had two daughters with her (one there and one here in New York City). They came back to America in 1934.
I have never been able to find his parents. Can anyone help me out here?
Ron
Find Michael Chudkosky Parents
Re: Find Michael Chudkosky Parents
The Polish-speaking part of Austrian Empire is now split between Poland and Ukraine.
No territories of the former Austrian Empire now are belonging to Russia.
No territories of the former Austrian Empire now are belonging to Russia.
-
williamcorlin
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 25 Jun 2026, 13:24
Re: Find Michael Chudkosky Parents
I would definitely pursue the naturalization records and the 1913 immigration trail, but I’d search under spelling variations such as Chudkosky, Chutkowsky and Chudkosy. The older thread mentions Michael being born in Bessarabia in 1897 and his naturalization saying he arrived on the President Grant in October 1913, although the manifest has been difficult to locate.
The birthplace is probably the biggest clue. Since Bessarabia changed jurisdictions and the surname may have been recorded differently, I’d try Ukrainian/Russian/Polish variants of both his surname and given name. A church marriage or death record in NYC might also name his parents and give a more precise birthplace. The earlier suggestion to work through the President Grant manifest page by page is worth revisiting too.wheelie life
The birthplace is probably the biggest clue. Since Bessarabia changed jurisdictions and the surname may have been recorded differently, I’d try Ukrainian/Russian/Polish variants of both his surname and given name. A church marriage or death record in NYC might also name his parents and give a more precise birthplace. The earlier suggestion to work through the President Grant manifest page by page is worth revisiting too.wheelie life
Re: Find Michael Chudkosky Parents
Couldn't find him using the real and potential different spellings of his name. Could not find him on the President Grant manifest.

