Hi,
I sent an email to the Archives in Campobasso requesting a copy of a microfilm consisting of parish records from the 1600 and 1700’s. After a full 8 MONTHS, they finally replied to my email only to say that I needed the permission of the Parish Priest because the Parish was the original owner of the records. You would think that if that was going to be their response, it shouldn’t have taken 8 months.
Has anyone run into this kind of reply before? I don’t understand the need for the Priest’s permission. The fact that the Parish records have already been microfilmed and already reside in the Archives seems to indicate that the Parish is OK with them being used for research. If I was at the Campobasso Archives in person, I could make the copies of the microfilmed documents myself.
OK, I guess I’ve “ventedâ€
Letter to Parish Priest
- robertjohnj
- Newbie

- Posts: 11
- Joined: 02 Feb 2005, 00:00
- Location: Pennsylvania
- Contact: