Italian Militia records
- heritage_84
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 02 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Missouri
Italian Militia records
I was told that my 2nd great-grandfather was in the Italian Calvery. Where would I look for records on this?
Re: Italian Militia records
I would contact members Biff or ricbru. Both are very knowledgeable in this area and could most probably be able to help you!
Hope this helps.
Hope this helps.
Re: Italian Militia records
I also found this site in my files that can probably help you..
http://www.difesa.it/GiustiziaMilitare/ ... m-roma.htm
Let us know if its useful.
http://www.difesa.it/GiustiziaMilitare/ ... m-roma.htm
Let us know if its useful.
Re: Italian Militia records
Heritage,
If you know his year and place of birth, you can request his Registro di leva (draft record) and his Foglio matricolare (discharge papers) by writing to the Distretto Militare (military district) or the Archivio di Stato in the province he was born.
Biff
If you know his year and place of birth, you can request his Registro di leva (draft record) and his Foglio matricolare (discharge papers) by writing to the Distretto Militare (military district) or the Archivio di Stato in the province he was born.
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"


