Looking for Arico, Ilacqua, Ceglia, and Lombardi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Looking for Arico, Ilacqua, Ceglia, and Lombardi

Post by Biff83 »

daenamousso wrote:Now, If I could only find the ones for Matteo Ilacqua and Filipa Arico I'd have them all!
I'll give a try at locating Matteo and Filipa's manifests. No guarantees but I'll see what I can find.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Looking for Arico, Ilacqua, Ceglia, and Lombardi

Post by Biff83 »

1912 Ship Manifest for Matteo Ilacqua, line 20, 2 page manifest

Matteo Ilacqua, age 27
Last residence and place of birth, Spadafora
Nearest relative wife Filipa Arigo in Spadafora
Destination Boston Mass to join brother in law Antonio Arigo
1912 Manifest from Ellis Island site
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
daenamousso
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 44
Joined: 15 Jul 2007, 00:00

Re: Looking for Arico, Ilacqua, Ceglia, and Lombardi

Post by daenamousso »

Wow...I wish I had looked back here first. I was busy trying to narrow down the spellings...when I searched on Ancestry, they had it listed as Vincenzo Leolie" as opposed to Ellis, which had his listed as "Vincenzo Ceolie". Now wonder my grandfather changed it from the original Ceglia to Sigleo when he joined the army....it was butchered so badly!
Thanks for your help on that. I would have never guessed. I guess I should look more closely at the ellis island records for clues...I can fins Matteo Ilacqua on ellis, but not ancestry! Thanks a ton!
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Looking for Arico, Ilacqua, Ceglia, and Lombardi

Post by Biff83 »

"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
daenamousso
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 44
Joined: 15 Jul 2007, 00:00

Re: Looking for Arico, Ilacqua, Ceglia, and Lombardi

Post by daenamousso »

Mille Grazie!
I have found the three records I have been looking for! I even found the one for Fillippa Ilacqua...once I remembered that Italian women went by their maiden names.
Many thanks!!!
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Looking for Arico, Ilacqua, Ceglia, and Lombardi

Post by Biff83 »

daenamousso wrote:Mille Grazie!
Prego.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Best,
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Looking for Arico, Ilacqua, Ceglia, and Lombardi

Post by Biff83 »

Daena,

Have you seen this site?
http://www.fiddlelily.com/comunes.htm
Scroll down to this line.
Spadafora, Messina, Sicily - the author will do lookups send her an email

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
daenamousso
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 44
Joined: 15 Jul 2007, 00:00

Re: Looking for Arico, Ilacqua, Ceglia, and Lombardi

Post by daenamousso »

No, I hadn't. Thanks for the tip. I sent an email and hopefully will hear from her soon. Do you happen to know if records were kept in Italy of people who were leaving the country bound for the US? My ggrandfather, Matteo Ilacqua had two brothers. Supposedly one went to Buenes Aires, and the other to AUstralia. This family line is my stumbling block because supposed Matteo was orphaned. (When and how I dont know). I have sent off for his Massachusetts death certificate, which may hold at least parental names. Im not sure where else to look. I have sent off for an Italian marriage "processetti", but so far haven't heard back (it hasnt been that long yet). Any ideas that may get me past my block?
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Looking for Arico, Ilacqua, Ceglia, and Lombardi

Post by Biff83 »

LDS has microfilm records for Spadafora which should include the information you're looking for. I suspect that the person you emailed who is transcribing the records is using these microfilms.
LDS microfilms for Spadafora

Here's a link to the records that have been transcribed thus far. Enter the surname you'd like to check and the Birthplace as Spadafora. It appears she has transcribed records to 1870 with the last entry in November of 2006.
Spadafora Transcribed Records

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
daenamousso
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 44
Joined: 15 Jul 2007, 00:00

Re: Looking for Arico, Ilacqua, Ceglia, and Lombardi

Post by daenamousso »

Thanks for the link. I consider myself quite the amatuer. I browsed thru her posts for Spadafora. It must be a work of love. It is alot of information. She has only gotten thru 1870. My ggrandfather was born in 1886. I wasn't able to find the Surname of my great great grandmother though, which puzzled me a bit. Also, there are two different spellings for Ilacqua...and Ialacqua. I am not sure if they are the same or different names. I also found a Passalcqua.
Of course, the roots web site says that she last updated in November of 2006. She may have what I need, but not posted yet. I will await an email from her. :idea:
User avatar
daenamousso
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 44
Joined: 15 Jul 2007, 00:00

Re: Looking for Arico, Ilacqua, Ceglia, and Lombardi

Post by daenamousso »

Ive been in contact with Denise, who is transcribing the records. Wow, she is amazing! Sent me all the records I needed. I can trace Matteo's family back to the 1700's!

I now have a new name in my line...Moschitta, Rosaria (Matteo's Mother)
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Looking for Arico, Ilacqua, Ceglia, and Lombardi

Post by Biff83 »

That's great news! Please continue to keep us posted.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
daenamousso
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 44
Joined: 15 Jul 2007, 00:00

Re: Looking for Arico, Ilacqua, Ceglia, and Lombardi

Post by daenamousso »

Hello,
I am looking for the name of the item I would ask for in a letter to the Ufficio di Stato Civile to request a "family status". Can anyone help?
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Looking for Arico, Ilacqua, Ceglia, and Lombardi

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for form letters for documents from places of origin in Italy.

Being a rookie this website will assist you and others far intothe future. I suspect what you are seeking is the Certificato di Stato di Famiglia Storico.

=Peter=
~Peter~
Post Reply