I sent off an email to the Archivio dello Stato and got this reply. If someone could help me translate it I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks
Prot. n. 1989/07 - IX.5.2.
Spiace comunicare che questo Ufficio non può fornire le notizie richieste, in quanto è in possesso dell'anagrafe civile dal 1820 al 1865.
Per gli anni successivi la Signoria Vosta dovrà rivolgeri al Comune di nascita.-
Cordiali saluti.
IL DIRETTORE
F.to (Dott. Alfio SEMINARA)
help translating email please
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: help translating email please
Prot. n. 1989/07 - IX.5.2.
It displeases to communicate that this Office cannot supply the news requests, as is in possession of the civil registry from 1820 to 1865. For the successive years of Signoria Vosta you should refer to the Commune of birth.-
Cordial greetings. THE DIRECTOR F. to (Dott. Alfio SEMINARA)
I think I'm pretty close (easier than translating the handwriting of the documents I'm working with!).
Someone correct me if my translation isn't right.
Regards,
Elizabeth
It displeases to communicate that this Office cannot supply the news requests, as is in possession of the civil registry from 1820 to 1865. For the successive years of Signoria Vosta you should refer to the Commune of birth.-
Cordial greetings. THE DIRECTOR F. to (Dott. Alfio SEMINARA)
I think I'm pretty close (easier than translating the handwriting of the documents I'm working with!).
Someone correct me if my translation isn't right.
Regards,
Elizabeth
- daenamousso
- Rookie

- Posts: 44
- Joined: 15 Jul 2007, 00:00
Re: help translating email please
Thanks for the help!