Palermo Comune Palermo?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
dutchpete
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 00:00
Location: California

Palermo Comune Palermo?

Post by dutchpete »

In looking for Pipitone and Rosato Family I mailed off for my aunts marriage certificate and for my aunt's and grandfather's naturlization papers What if they came from the Commune of Palermo in Palermo, how would I proceed to get their birth certificates and Marriage Certificate. Just maybe they were from Palermo in Palermo.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Palermo Comune Palermo?

Post by wldspirit »

Link to Palermo, including town hall address and email:

http://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/sicilia/palermo.html

wldspirit
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1874
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY
Contact:

Re: Palermo Comune Palermo?

Post by ricbru »

Palermo civil record office is (sorry if I say that, but iti true) a "pain in the ass", because they want a request via only regular mail + a self addressed envelope and italian stamp for reply + your ID + 5 cents od euro to pay the certificate, and after they get your request, to have the certificate you are looking for, your request has to stay in line and it will take forever, because they have a overwhelming amount of requests from all over the world, and the registrar is not able to handle them.
The right address where to write is

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
C.A. Sig. Castronovo
Piazza Giulio Cesare 52
91027 Palermo
Italy

Good luck
Riccardo
User avatar
dutchpete
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 00:00
Location: California

Re: Palermo Comune Palermo?

Post by dutchpete »

Okay thank you so much. I will be in Palermo for 3 days next month. I'll beable to buy stamps etc. Any ideas on whose palm to grease? I also looked in the white pages for Palermo, the paternal 1st names plus Pipitone, so I have those addresses and will snail mail them for any history my cross mine and give them my email. Is that a good idea? Should I tell them the hotel we will be at?
I will also go to the web site.
Since I can go in person, do you have any more ideas or connections that I can contact? :)
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1874
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY
Contact:

Re: Palermo Comune Palermo?

Post by ricbru »

Contact the registrar of Palermo Mr. Castronovo, and the stamps has to be of 85 euro cents each
bye Riccardo
User avatar
GFenza89
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 00:00
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Palermo Comune Palermo?

Post by GFenza89 »

i go to school with a Palermo hahah. His name is alex
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1874
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY
Contact:

Re: Palermo Comune Palermo?

Post by ricbru »

GFenza89 wrote:i go to school with a Palermo hahah. His name is alex
Last name Palermo, as all italian last names stating a village, town or city, is jewish,
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
Post Reply