Baton Rouge Archives/Marriage Certificate
Baton Rouge Archives/Marriage Certificate
A very nice person on this forum actually went to the Diocese of Baton Rouge and found a sacramental marriage record for my great grandparents for me. I have since obtained this document but in speaking with the archivist she said their church record stated that the marriage license was obtained in East Baton Rouge. I have contacted the East Baton Rouge civil archives and they claim to have no civil record for this marriage. Does anyone in the Baton Rouge area have access to the East Baton Rouge civil archives? I am just not sure how thoroughly they looked. I am trying to find the civil record of marriage for my dual citizenship. I think the Italian consulate will accept a notarized and apostilled sacramental record but if possible I would like to find the civil record. I don't know if anyone can help me with this but it would be greatly appreciated. My great grandparents were married in St. Michael Church in Convent, Louisiana but I contacted the St. James Parish and they did not have a civil record. I also contacted the Ascension Parish who did not have a record. Any ideas??? My great grandparents were Salvatore Milazzo/Melazzo and Luigia/Louisa/Luizia Zuma/Zummo. The marriage date on the sacramental record is February 8, 1891. Thanks! I appreciate any help with this.
Re: Baton Rouge Archives/Marriage Certificate
I would contact member ricbru. A few months back, I gave him links to several Louisiana resources but I no longer have them saved on my desktop.
You can contact him by PM through the forum or through his website...
http://www.siciliangenealogyonline.com/
Hope this helps.
You can contact him by PM through the forum or through his website...
http://www.siciliangenealogyonline.com/
Hope this helps.
Re: Baton Rouge Archives/Marriage Certificate
Thank you so much! I appreciate the information.
Re: Baton Rouge Archives/Marriage Certificate
My pleasure. Let me know how it goes. 


