Two great websites for learning Italian

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
peggymckee
Elite
Elite
Posts: 264
Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 00:00

Two great websites for learning Italian

Post by peggymckee »

Hi all!

I'm taking Italian at my local community college, but often search the web for more or different exercises to supplement. I recently came across two really good ones--both from Canada and both offer interactive grammar practice! I really liked the tutorino exercise on sapere and conoscere.

http://web.uvic.ca/hispanital/italian/italian100/

http://www.tutorino.ca/activities/

Also,check out some of the other things on the Tutorino website, e.g. his list of idioms, his grammar summaries, and he offers Italian lessons over the phone using Skype!

BTW, I'm not affiliated with either site, in case any one thinks this is a sales pitch. All the best, Peg
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi
User avatar
cwcw
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 30 Nov 2007, 01:24
Contact:

Re: Two great websites for learning Italian

Post by cwcw »

I want to learn some other foreign language except English. And I'm Chinese, I can teach you Mandarin in exchange. But I don't know which other language to learn. I have no idea about this. I have only found some language learning related sites, corsi inglese a Cork , sprachen studieren and språkresor . I wonder someone could give me some other suggestion or recommendation. Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Sprachaufenthalte
German language school
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Two great websites for learning Italian

Post by vj »

Peggy,
I think you're being spammed :wink: .
vj

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =6790.html
peggymckee
Elite
Elite
Posts: 264
Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 00:00

Re: Two great websites for learning Italian

Post by peggymckee »

VJ--I wrote the first post about the 2 websites I found. I genuinely think they are good.

I'm not sure what you mean by "being spammed". Can you be more specific? Peg
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Two great websites for learning Italian

Post by vj »

Hey Peg, the person who replied
to your post appears to be the
spammer from a previous post.
Valarie
peggymckee
Elite
Elite
Posts: 264
Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 00:00

Re: Two great websites for learning Italian

Post by peggymckee »

Am I supposed to do something about this? If so, what? Peg
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi
User avatar
AnotherCitizenToBe
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 79
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 00:00

Re: Two great websites for learning Italian

Post by AnotherCitizenToBe »

Well, I sure am confused by this exchange!

But, so long as we are on the subject, I have found WordReference.com to be a great site for looking things up, hearing words pronounced, conjugating verbs, etc. Also, the forums are fantastic; even complex questions typically receive several replies in a matter of minutes.
User avatar
Poipuo4
Elite
Elite
Posts: 387
Joined: 01 Dec 2006, 00:00
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Two great websites for learning Italian

Post by Poipuo4 »

Word Reference is my favorite online dictionary for Italian. I also value the conjugations. I also enjoy Livinng LAnguage, Ultimate Italian, Beginner to Intermediate. I bought mine at Borders. It is a great primer on grammar.
http://www.celenzaheritage.com

dedicated to the people of Celenza Valfortore, Province of Foggia
Post Reply