http://www.describe.org/genstuff/lusita ... tation.jpg
The bottom part is the marriage between him and my great great grandmother. The top part is dated the year after he was born and talks about a marriage contract (I think), but I'm not entirely sure what's being said.
Help?
annotations on birth notice
- warriorrabbit
- Elite

- Posts: 284
- Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 18:05
- Location: San Diego
Re: annotations on birth notice
the upper side states that he was recognized as a leggitimate son from his parents
Riccardo
Riccardo
- warriorrabbit
- Elite

- Posts: 284
- Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 18:05
- Location: San Diego
Re: annotations on birth notice
Oh, thanks. Why would they have noted, a year after he was born, that he was legitimate, esp. when the notice itself already says that. Er, doesn't it? "Sua mogilie..."?
http://www.describe.org/genstuff/l_lusitano.jpg
Now I'm more confused. No one else has a "he's legitimate" note in the margin...
http://www.describe.org/genstuff/l_lusitano.jpg
Now I'm more confused. No one else has a "he's legitimate" note in the margin...
Re: annotations on birth notice
Because as you can read his parents got married on Sept 19th, 1878 , and Lorenzo was born before their marriage. Their son Lorenzo became a leggitimate son on 12th Nov 1878, after their marriage.
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
- warriorrabbit
- Elite

- Posts: 284
- Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 18:05
- Location: San Diego
Re: annotations on birth notice
Aha! More juicy scandals. Eeeeexcellent.
Thanks. I can't read Italian that well, and could only tell it was talking about a marriage. I didn't see that it was between his parents and that they were married after his birth. I was thinking more along the lines of, Did they arrange a marriage for him, and it was noted here?
Perhaps I'll get the hang of all this (and improve my Italian) as time goes by.
Thanks for your help!
T.
Thanks. I can't read Italian that well, and could only tell it was talking about a marriage. I didn't see that it was between his parents and that they were married after his birth. I was thinking more along the lines of, Did they arrange a marriage for him, and it was noted here?
Perhaps I'll get the hang of all this (and improve my Italian) as time goes by.
Thanks for your help!
T.
Re: annotations on birth notice
Dear T.
since there was a birth of a baby who was born before marriage of parents, of course the baby was not legitimate, so Lorenzo's parents had to get married ( even if they didn't want to, because all realtives were pushing in order to get them married) and recognize the baby right after the marriage, so I guess in few words this baby is the fruit of one night or something, and this situation in Sicily back in 1878 is a very big deal!!!!!
bye Riccardo
since there was a birth of a baby who was born before marriage of parents, of course the baby was not legitimate, so Lorenzo's parents had to get married ( even if they didn't want to, because all realtives were pushing in order to get them married) and recognize the baby right after the marriage, so I guess in few words this baby is the fruit of one night or something, and this situation in Sicily back in 1878 is a very big deal!!!!!
bye Riccardo
