Hi all,
Just came across your site while doing a
Google search. I was wondering if someone
could translate a postcard for me, this postcard
is part of a collection of photos dating to
World War II.
I have uploaded an attachment but if this is
not to clear you can view the postcard at the
following link http://www.ww2talk.com/forum/searching- ... tcard.html
Many thanks
Kieron
Postcard Translation
- kieronhill
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 04 May 2008, 11:00
- Contact:
- kieronhill
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 04 May 2008, 11:00
- Contact:
Re: Postcard Translation
Reverse of postcard
Regards
Kieron
Regards
Kieron
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Postcard Translation
Kirion, access to the link found in the link provided by you is denied...
BTW...
The post card is from Rome, very close to the house were I was born. The church on the right (it's the building with 2 bell towers) is called "Cristo Re", I was baptized there!
Here's the translation:
Jan 26, 1941 - XIX
Dear Pierina - I wish and hope that you all are in good health. If you send me the address of your 2 children we will arrange a visit them and I will be able to tell you how they are doing, with precision. I recommend the house and the church. Greetings to all.
Maria Borghi
BTW...
The post card is from Rome, very close to the house were I was born. The church on the right (it's the building with 2 bell towers) is called "Cristo Re", I was baptized there!
Here's the translation:
Jan 26, 1941 - XIX
Dear Pierina - I wish and hope that you all are in good health. If you send me the address of your 2 children we will arrange a visit them and I will be able to tell you how they are doing, with precision. I recommend the house and the church. Greetings to all.
Maria Borghi
- kieronhill
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 04 May 2008, 11:00
- Contact:
Re: Postcard Translation
Thank you very much for the
translation. I cant see how this
postcard became part of this
collection, somewhat puzzled.
Thanks again
Kieron
translation. I cant see how this
postcard became part of this
collection, somewhat puzzled.
Thanks again
Kieron