Cetta, DeRogatis, DiVito from Naples

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Lindee
Rookie
Rookie

Cetta, DeRogatis, DiVito from Naples

Post by Lindee »

I am looking for information on my grandmother Anne Cetta born: 27 July 1888 in Sant Angelo dei Lombardi, Naples. Parents: Francesco Cetta & Rosarita DiVito (or DeVito). Anne's father came to the US 1908 and was murdered in Canada near the US border. Her mother never came to the US. I beleive Anne had a brother, do not have his name or if there were other siblings.
Anne married Salvatore DeRogatis 30 January 1908 just before coming to the US. I cannot find their marriage license. He was from Morro Tupino, Naples; born 25 May 1863. he immigrated to the US in 1896 to become naturalized. I do have that info. I beleive he had brothers, but do not know theeir names. his father was named Leopold and i believe his mother's name was Candida (?) I hope someone can help. Thank you
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Cetta, DeRogatis, DiVito from Naples

Post by pink67 »

Have you tried to ask for the "Estratto dell'Atto di Nascita completo di annotazioni marginali" (birth act) of Anna Cetta to the Comune of Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi?

As you have her birth day and parent's names it must be easier to ask for....
On this act you'll find also her marriage dates (usually the important facts of life as marriage and death are reported on the birth act)...
So, even if she married in another town there must be the annotation.

Here is the address:

Comune di Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi
Ufficio di Stato Civile
P.zza Umberto I
83054 Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi (AV)

here some form letters in italian:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp

or you can contact your nearest family History Center:
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... et_fhc.asp

and ask to rent this microfilm:

Nati 1881-1906 FHL INTL
Film 1743446

so you can search by yourself in the birth acts....

Laura
Lindee
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lindee »

Thank you for responding. Yes, I wrote to them, in Italian, twice in the past couple of years and heard nothing. I am unable to visit the local family history centers as I don't have transportation. I tried what I knew to access what I can online, but appears to be a dead end.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

send form letters from this website and try again!
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

I assume you have the address for the Uffico di Stato Civile inthe town of origin. =Peter=
~Peter~
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Have you sent a letter to the Sindaco requesting follow up on the lack of response from the Stato Civile offices?

There was a law passed in Italy on 7 August 1990, law 241, that establishes the right of the public to receive a reply from a public office within thirty days of a request. This letter rarely goes unanswered. You will find this extremely effective. Be sure to include a copy of your follow-up letter with this letter.

Sindaco Form Letter

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Lindee
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lindee »

Thank you, I'll give it a shot again.

I would be interested to hear from those out there who may know of these families in Naples. It sure is a small world, isn't it? I am finding out that Cetta and DiVito are very common in that area.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Keep us posted on the letter to the Sindaco, curious as to how fast you receive a reply.
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."