Filardi surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pfilardi

Filardi surname

Post by pfilardi »

I am looking for information about any Filardi family named persons or relations who were immigrants to Puerto Rico. They would be related to a Juan Batista Filardi of Yauco Puerto Rico. He lived there assumedly from the 1900-1960 range. His son was Hector Filardi. His wife was Maria and I believe her family names were Irazzari and Cantesani. These spellings may not be correct. I have little in the way of records. Thanks
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Filardi surname

Post by PeterTimber »

There is a Puerto Rican website in spanish and if you donot speak the language thenyou can write tothe Instituto de Cultura Puertorriquenaat apartado 9024184, San Juan Puerto Rico. Their e-mail address is
www.icp.gobierno.pr. The spanish website is www.icp.gobierno.pr

since we are here to assist you please get back after you have obtained any additonal information than what you already have and take it from there.

To locate information in IOtaly it is necessary to know the city, town or even village oforigin in Italy. Go to www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi and put the filardi surname inthe upper left and see if any of the locations for Filardi in Italy may relate to your family as a result of family oral history.In any event get back to us. =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There is another website that is also helpful and that website is
www.candoo.com/genresources/puertorico.htm but you may have to type inthe address manually in the address bar. It has listings of foreigners in Puerto Rico from 1807 to 1880 which may help you.

Please let me know if the website comes up when you click on the website.=Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There are 3 Filardi from Yauco, Puerto Rico. The earliest isLuis Filardi 1870. Go to www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp and just put inthe surname Filardi and click CERCA and under Puerto Rico you will see the 3 names.=Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

You will need to familiarize yourself with the basics of Puerto Rico Immigration by Italians and since we know that Yauca seems to be the focus for Filardi surname in Puerto Rico perhaps if you go to http://www.corsicacorsica.homestead.com ... bbean.html as well as going to www.google.com and put in the title Filardi genealogy Italy Puerto Rico and see what comes up. You can also revise the title as you progress including Italy immigration to Puerto Rico for basics.

There is a reference made to a Filardi in Yauca as an artist and writer. Please keep in touch. =Peter=
~Peter~
filardi

Post by filardi »

Hi,

I have ancestor.

Name : Filardi Francesco
Mother : Angela Cantisani
Father : Angelo Filardi
Wife : anna conto maiorino

I only know the birth town of is wife : maratea en Italia
pfilardi

Post by pfilardi »

Who are you? Are you the descendant of Francesco Filardi? Was he related to a Domingo, Vicente, or Juan Bautista? I might like to contact you directly if so.
P Filardi
filardi

Post by filardi »

Hi,

My Francesco Filardi was born in France at lunel (34) (30/07/1887)
AndreasFilardi

Post by AndreasFilardi »

PFilardi,
My name is Andy, I am a descendant from a Hector Filardi from Puerto Rico. He was a doctor, and he lived in Louisiana for some years and then finished his life in Texas. Is this the same Hector that you know of?

Thanks.
KoriRaya

Post by KoriRaya »

My name is Kori. Hector Filardi of Yauco, PR, was my grandfather, Hector Filardi Jr is my father. I know that my grandfather passed in Texas a few years back, but I was never able to meet him. I have been trying to trace my genealogy back, but I do not know much about it. I do know that Juan Batista was his father, but I haven't been able to find much past that. Can anyone help me create a family tree?
filardi

Post by filardi »

Hi,

I have new informations.

Filardi Angelo Maria
Born in Tortora province of Cosenza (South of Italy)

Cantisani Angela
Born in Lauria province of Potenza (South of Italy)
Carlos c

Post by Carlos c »

My name is Carlos Capacete. My grandmother on my mother's side was Teresa Filardi. Teresa was the first Filardi sibling born in Puerto Rico (Yauco, on the south side of the island). Her father was Vicente (Vincenso?) Filardi And her mother was Maria Cantisani. Vicente and his older sons were home builders. I believe that the older sons (born in Italy) were Juan Bautista and Domingo.

There were other sisters who's names escape me that were also born in Yauco, but there was a younger brother, Carmelo, who was very close to my grandmother. His nickname was Tatito and he became a famous caricaturist for the El Mundo newspaper. I recall spending time with Tatito when I was a young boy and meeting his wife. He had a daughter and I believe, two sons, who were my mother's cousins. I have also met one of his granddaughters (Frances) as an adult.

The family came from Lauria Superiore in Potenza, Basilicata province. Being from Yauco, most people assume that the Filardis are of Corsegan descent as many immigrants to Yauco were at the time.

The Department of the Interior has recognized the Casa Filardi in Yauco as a National Historic place. It was built by Vicente, Juan Bautista and Domingo. For some reason the house has a sign saying Casa Muñoz, but is registered as the Casa Fialrdi.

I would very much like to contact any descendants of my greatgrandparents or any relatives who may still live in Italy. My email is cjcapacete@yahoo.com should you wish to contact me.

Aside from information regarding co-descendants, I am interested in learning about Lauria and my Italian heritage.

- Carlos Capacete
filardi

Post by filardi »

Hi,

For the moment I have ask for the authority in Lauria and Tortora in order they give me papers of Filardi Angelo Maria and Cantisani Angela.

I don't know any other things or if we are relatives.

If Lauria and Tortora respond to me, we could compare .

David
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

filardi wrote:Hi,

I have new informations.

Filardi Angelo Maria
Born in Tortora province of Cosenza (South of Italy)

Cantisani Angela
Born in Lauria province of Potenza (South of Italy)
POSSIBLE MILTARY RECORD
Ufficio Leva della Provincia di Cosenza, Enlistment year 1862.Volume number 68,
document number - page 284 section -
Angelo Maria Filardi, enlisted on --/--/----
born on 18/01/1862 in TORTORA
son/daughter of Biagio Filardi and of Maria Teresa Russo
click for record keep clicking to enlarge

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Carlos c

Post by Carlos c »

If I read this document correctly, the man referred to in the document is named Angelo Maria Filardi. How do you associate him with Angela Cantisani?

Carlos