update Italian Civil Records at ancestry. com

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
vj
Master
Master

update Italian Civil Records at ancestry. com

Post by vj »

Hello!
An update on the Italian Civil Records currently available on ancestry.com
Since ancestry.com is a paid subscription site, if anyone needs help checking a record
- many forum members here have subscriptions to ancestry.com
Note: ancestry.com is also available at many libraries

in Calabria
Falerna, Catanzaro, Calabria, Italy,
Civil Registration, 1810-1936
This database contains births, marriages, marriage banns, deaths, and allegati for towns in the southern Italian region of Calabria from 1810-1936. This database currently contains records for the town of Falerna, in the province of Catanzaro. The town of Falerna encompasses the frazioni (hamlets) of Castiglione Marittimo and Falerna Scalo. Records for these localities will also be found among these records.
in Lombardia/Lombardy
Como and Lecco, Lombardia, Italy,
Civil Registration Records, 1866-1937
This database contains births, marriages, marriage banns, deaths, allegati (supplemental records), and citizenship records for comuni (towns) in the northern Italian region of Lombardia from 1866-1936. This database currently contains records for some towns in the provinces of Como and Lecco.
Pavia, Lombardia, Italy,
This database contains marriages, marriage banns, deaths, allegati (supplemental records), and citizenship records for comuni (towns) in the northern Italian province of Pavia from 1866-1937
Varese, Lombardia, Italy:
Civil Registration, 1866-1937
This database contains births, marriages, marriage banns, deaths, allegati (enclosures or supplemental records), and citizenship records for comuni (towns) in the northern Italian province of Varese from 1866-1937. This database currently contains records for the towns of: Bisuschio, Bizzozzero, Castelveccana, Induno Olona, Montergrino Valtravaglia, Oltrona al Lago, Osmate, Santa Maria del Monte, Val Marchirolo, Varese, Vedano Olona, and Venegono.
in Piemonte/Piedmont
Alessandria and Asti, Piemonte, Italy:
Civil registration records, 1866-1938
This database contains births, marriages, marriage banns, deaths, allegati (enclosures or supplemental records), and citizenship records for comuni (towns) in the northern Italian provinces of Alessandria and Asti from 1866-1938. This database currently contains records for the towns and hamlets of: Alfiano Natta, Altavilla Monferrato, Balzola, Borgo San Martino, Bozzole, Brusaschetto, Calliano, Camagna Monferrato, Camino, Casal Cermelli, Casale Monferrato, Casorzo, Vignale Monferrato, Villadeati, Villamiroglio, and Villanova Monferatto.
Verbano-Cusio-Ossola, Piemonte, Italy,
Civil Registration Records, 1870-1937
This database contains births, marriages, marriage banns, deaths, allegati (enclosures or supplemental records), and citizenship records for comuni (towns) in the northern Italian region of Piemonte from 1870-1937. This database currently contains records for some towns in the provinces of Novara and Verbano-Cusio-Ossola.
in Sicily
Palermo, Sicily, Italy,
Birth Records Index, 1876-1885 (Letters A-Br)
Palermo is the largest port city in Sicily, Italy. This database allows researchers to search a portion of Palermo's birth records from 1876 to 1885. An individual can be searched by given name or surname or by father's or mother's name. Only surnames beginning with the letters A-Br are available. Also listed is the date of birth and the civil registration office.
in Toscana/Tuscany
Siena, Toscana, Italy:
This database contains births, marriages, marriage banns, deaths, allegati (enclosures or supplemental records), and citizenship records for comuni (towns) in the northern Italian province of Siena from 1866-1937. This database currently contains records for the towns of: Abbadia San Salvatore, Campiglia d'Orcia, Casciano dei Bagni, Castiglione d’Orcia, Cetona, Chianciano, Chiusi, Montepulciano, Piancastagnaio, Pienza, Radicofani, San Casciano dei Bagni, San Giovanni d’Asso, San Quirico d’Orcia, Sarteano, Sinalunga, Torrita, Torrita di Siena, and Trequanda.
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Re: update Italian Civil Records at ancestry. com

Post by JamesBianco »

Thanks Valerie! I hope they keep going (Southern Italy especially).

Keep us updated.

:D
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Hey James!
Happy to keep checking.
3 of these databases indicated that they were new or had been updated recently :D .
Valarie
sigel7
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sigel7 »

I would love some info. I nolonger have Ancestry and my library only subscribes to another one with less info. Cant remember the name.

I am interested in:

Luigi Calderoni born about 1873 his origin comune is Casazza (mologno) in Bergamo/Lombardia
His Children. I only know of Luigi born 1900, Carlo born 1902 and Carmela. His wife Maria Musitelli.

Also

Bartolomeo Morandi from the comune Cannobio (actually San Bartolomeo Valmare) in VB/ Peimonte born about 1875 and his wife Sanita Mantegani and their child Anna Maddelena. Anna had a child but died at birth, info on that would be great too.

Thanks so so much

Catherine
Looking for Calderoni
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Catherine you should get oriented about the comune (city,town or village comunes with municipal services whichinclude BMD amd vital statistics.

Go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in the comune CASAZZA and CANNOBIO which you will see are Comune and it is to these that requests for doc uments are sent.The other names are not Comune and are dependent upon a Comune for municipal services and may or may not be dependent upon both comunes listed above or some others?

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html and your attention is called to the Certificato di Stato di Famiglia(family certificate showing the date and place of birth of each family member)

=Peter=
~Peter~
sigel7
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sigel7 »

Thank you Peter. I was a little confused about comunes/hamlets etc. Also, my post was for anybody who had ancestry if they could look up my ggf's as it seems there is info now out there, for at least the Verbano-Cusio-Ossola province and hopefully soon for Bergamo.

Thanks,

Catherine
Looking for Calderoni
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

sigel7 wrote: ... Bartolomeo Morandi from the comune Cannobio (actually San Bartolomeo Valmare) in VB/ Peimonte born about 1875 and his wife Sanita Mantegani and their child Anna Maddelena. Anna had a child but died at birth, info on that would be great too ...

... Also, my post was for anybody who had ancestry if they could look up my ggf's as it seems there is info now out there, for at least the Verbano-Cusio-Ossola province and hopefully soon for Bergamo ...
Hello!
On ancestry, currently, the records for Verbano-Cusio-Ossola, Piemonte, Italy,
Civil Registration Records, 1870-1937
Verbano-Cusio-Ossola
San Bartolomeo Valmara (Cannobio)
Aren’t indexed or translated (yet)
They are the original records organized by year

These include
Matrimonio 1872-1928
Decesso 1876-1925
sigel7
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sigel7 »

Thank you. I guess my impatience is showing boldly.

Catherine
Looking for Calderoni
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

sigel7 wrote:Thank you. I guess my impatience is showing boldly.

Catherine
Oh my!
Not at all Catherine.
This would have been an easy one if the records were indexed!
Valarie
Georginar

Post by Georginar »

can you please check for:

Antonio Carchedi
Born: March 19, 1876
Place Filadelfia, Catanzaro

And his wife:
Josefa/Josefina Colombo(this is why I need the info, it says 2 different thins in her death certificate and in her immigration papers)
Daughter to: Eugenio Colombo and Natalina Caygelli/cayeelli
Born: June 4, 1885
Place Milan

it would be really helpfull
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Georginar wrote:can you please check for:

Antonio Carchedi
Born: March 19, 1876
Place Filadelfia, Catanzaro

And his wife:
Josefa/Josefina Colombo(this is why I need the info, it says 2 different thins in her death certificate and in her immigration papers)
Daughter to: Eugenio Colombo and Natalina Caygelli/cayeelli
Born: June 4, 1885
Place Milan

it would be really helpfull
Hello!
Filadelfia hasn't been done by ancestry yet
kranch1

Post by kranch1 »

Hi All!

I have so much to learn.....comune, hamlet! All I know is that on the ship's manifest, Camporeale was listed as the home place. Does anyone have any idea where I could begin? Their names are the following:
Vito Ferrara 13June1879 and Vincenzia Pisciotta Ferrara 21April1882

A friend wishes to take a trip to Sicily to visit the old country. She's 91 and I am trying to find any living relatives.

Thanks!
Marianne
MK
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

kranch1 wrote:Hi All!

I have so much to learn.....comune, hamlet! All I know is that on the ship's manifest, Camporeale was listed as the home place. Does anyone have any idea where I could begin? Their names are the following:
Vito Ferrara 13June1879 and Vincenzia Pisciotta Ferrara 21April1882

A friend wishes to take a trip to Sicily to visit the old country. She's 91 and I am trying to find any living relatives.

Thanks!
Marianne
Hi Marianne I've responded to you on your other thread.
kranch1

Post by kranch1 »

I apologize! Thanks.
MK
Sfolchi

Post by Sfolchi »

Hello,
Please,

Someone might see me in: : "Como and Lecco, Lombardy, Italy, Civil Registration Records, 1866-1936 (in Italian) ":
Information "Angelo Colombo" Son of "Pietro Colombo" and "Maria Bianchi.

Thank you.